Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 28, 2007, 10:54 AM   #1

Not to good but will send it anyway. Sunrise over Lake Superior at 6:57 yesterday the 27th. Ice on lake is detererating fast and the Coast Guard says the ice field extends out for a fewmiles so the rest of the 380 miles is ice free. andy 74
Attached Images

andy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2007, 8:23 PM   #2

I like it Andy...None and I none of us always take perfect photos..but I like the fact that you are letting us see your part of this world through your camera lens!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 9:27 PM   #3

Hey Andy-

That is an excellent photo. Thanks for sharing with us the ice situation on the Lake. Is Global Warming a factor, do you think? It seems like less ice a bit earlier in the year.

MT/Sarah

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2007, 10:01 AM   #4

Thanks Dawg. andy 74
Old Mar 29, 2007, 10:22 AM   #5

Thank you Sarah. Most of our winter this year was above average in tempreture here in Duluth but then all of a sudden we got hit with a real cold spell. The combination of sub zero temps. and days of real calm winds let the western end of Lake Superior freeze up very fast and lack of snow on the ice and real nice smooth ice had people skating out on the ice of Lake Superior for the first itme in many years and also ice houses set up with people fishing. Common on the inland lakes but surely not on Lake Superior. We finally got hit with a couple of snowstorms towards the end of winter so the lake got covered with snow. I believe global warming is a reallity as our summers and winters have sure been warmer. andy 74