Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 25, 2003, 6:03 PM   #1

Default DC4800 broken backlight. Replacement part needed!!!

Hello

I have a serious problem with my DC4800 : it has the lcd backlight broken.

Kodak replaces it for $150 and a 3 month maximum repair time. Does anyone knows where I can find a replacement part and for how much? The lcd itself is fine, only the light is broken.

I'm also thinking about replacing the broken backlight by an ELS sheet, if I can find any info about power consumption of the original backlight (the entire LCD frame has several "Sanyo"s engraved, but they don't reply to my e-mails!

Any tips?
TIA
zantoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 27, 2003, 8:49 PM   #2

Perhaps if you stopped posting in every single thread asking the same question and pissing people off someone would give a shit.

Enough already.
Dace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2003, 3:04 AM   #3

Default [OFF TOPIC] Just for Dace

:shock:

Dude, 3 threads ... 3 out of 100, not "every single thread"! Just the ones where I found discussions not related with the normal operation of the DC4800!

BTW, you didn't add anything new to the threads where you posted ... perhaps kodak folks will also be upset if anyone could repair their camera for $5 instead of $150.

Do you work for kodak????

Hasta!
zantoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2003, 7:17 AM   #4

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with trying to fix it yourself if you have the skills. Since the camera is out of warranty anyway - go for it. Since Kodak are the only ones who ever (officially) fix their consumer cameras the odds of you finding a matching spare part are very low.

I'm saying its considered bad manners to cross-post questions on just about any bulletin board.

If you can fix your DC4800 for $5 - great. Go for it.

As for my posts, I've added factual info to almost all of my posts to try to help people out using infomation I have - whether they realise its fact or just consider it my opinion is up to them. i.e. I'm not answering your last question.
Dace is offline   Reply With Quote