Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 4, 2007, 11:56 AM   #1

This may be the wrong place to post this and if so, please move it.

I am falling in love with a friends DSLR camera and thinking of selling my P712 and all of the accessories to do an upgrade. This is what I have.

P712
2 ea. SD 1gb mem. cards
Hoya 55mm filter kit
Kodak lense adapter
Oly Tcon 1.7 lense

Where is a good site to sell? Anything other than E-Bay? Are there any stores that
will accept a trade in?

This equipment is 7 months old and in like new condition, some of it never used.

If anyone is interested in a half off sale $375.00 incl. shipping, just pm me.

Thanks all

Flying Fossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 4, 2007, 11:14 PM   #2

I did the same thing! I love my Nikon DSLR. My Kodak was nice but I just grew out of it fast, mainly from the lack of low light performance. I had just about everything you had. I kept the memory and sold everything else except the T-Con, which I'm trying to sale now.

Bursie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2007, 7:49 PM   #3

Flying Fossil wrote:
Quote:
This may be the wrong place to post this and if so, please move it.

I am falling in love with a friends DSLR camera and thinking of selling my P712 and all of the accessories to do an upgrade. This is what I have.

P712
2 ea. SD 1gb mem. cards
Hoya 55mm filter kit
Kodak lense adapter
Oly Tcon 1.7 lense

Where is a good site to sell? Anything other than E-Bay? Are there any stores that
will accept a trade in?

This equipment is 7 months old and in like new condition, some of it never used.

If anyone is interested in a half off sale $375.00 incl. shipping, just pm me.

Thanks all

Foss if you aren't a membr yet..you can sign up at the easysharer's forum and mention it there...Also we have a forum for Non-Kodak users and this where I've been posting lately. The folks there are mainly Ex- Kodak users with DSLR's now and they came from here and DP review. You'd be welcome and someone there might just snap that camera up. If you have any problems let me know and I'll get them straight.

http://easysharers.11.forumer.com/vi...3e3aa5949d210b

I went on and posted this URL over there for you to save you the trouble Foss. I hope you don't mind?

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2007, 10:19 PM   #4

Hi Dawg,
I am a member on easyshare but have not done much there, If I get going in to many locations, I forget what I posted where, LOL.

Is there any particular place to post items for sale?

May be worth a try.

Thanks

Foss

Old May 7, 2007, 10:59 PM   #5

Do it in the lounge...I posted a sticky post about the Camera for you there. If you want I'll withdraw that post and let you do one yourself.

PS What kind of camera has you all wound up??

Dawg
Old May 7, 2007, 11:59 PM   #6

Thanks Dawg, I saw your post and it is perfect.

There are several DSLR's that are very nice and one in particular Digital that really has my attention, the newly released Sony DCS H9.
A friend of mine just got one and it is pretty amazing. Things like 3" LCD that swivels up, out, down. ect. 3200 ISO???, 1/4000 shutter speed. very fast focus and capture,
and a wireless remote control so that I won't have to make another Dawg design mechanical one. hehe, and a 15x zoomer.

We'll see where this goes. I am in no big hurry.

Thanks again.

Foss
Old May 8, 2007, 12:56 AM   #7

Flying Fossil wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Dawg, I saw your post and it is perfect.

There are several DSLR's that are very nice and one in particular Digital that really has my attention, the newly released Sony DCS H9.
A friend of mine just got one and it is pretty amazing. Things like 3" LCD that swivels up, out, down. ect. 3200 ISO???, 1/4000 shutter speed. very fast focus and capture,
and a wireless remote control so that I won't have to make another Dawg design mechanical one. hehe, and a 15x zoomer.

We'll see where this goes. I am in no big hurry.

Thanks again.

Foss
Sounds like a nice one...Don't believe all the hype now...use one a while and see if the extra shutter speed and ISO is really worth it. So far with my Pentax I've found that 1600 is about all I can use without noise creeping in....About the same as with ISO 400 on my Kodak! Glad you are happy with the post...And don't be a stranger over there..Lots of fine folks a postin' there now! Let me know when you sell it and I'll remove the post there!

Dawg
Old May 8, 2007, 10:09 AM   #8

There is always the sales hype to deal with. I want to see a review. The friend that has one and I did a couple of compare shots inside his home and the Sony did take better photos with camera in "Auto" mode.

I have no faith in the ISO3200 claim, but the shutter is fast, and the camer does zoom and focus quite quickly. Also the 15x zoom works nicely.

Time will tell. Also waiting for Ron Bairds response to my "P712 indoors submitted shots.

I very well may be that I need to learn more about what I have. LOL

Sometimes it's not the arrow, but infact is the indian.

Foss
Old May 26, 2007, 12:27 PM   #9

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Do it in the lounge...I posted a sticky post about the Camera for you there. If you want I'll withdraw that post and let you do one yourself.

PS What kind of camera has you all wound up??

Dawg
Hello again Dawg,

I am so damned fickle. That DSLR thing is creeping in again. Looking seriously at the Sony A100 as I have some good lenses from my old Minolta that will fit it, and the reviews here on Steve's look pretty good.
I tried it in the store and it is quick and accurate.

Please repost that sticky you did on easyshare and we will see what happens there.

Thanks big D
Old May 26, 2007, 4:10 PM   #10

I posted it for you and will keep it bumped up to the top for 1 week. Then I will remove it again...Is this alright?

Dawg