Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 29, 2007, 11:24 PM   #1

I tried uploading my photos from my P850 to the computer today and got an error message that said: "USB device not recognized. One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." When I do upload my photos, it's from the P850 on the printer dock. I've never had problems uploading until today. I tried unplugging the cord from the computer and then reconnecting but that didn't help. Now what to do? Any help is greatly appreciated! I'm not too good with techinical terms so...go easy, lol

Niki
scrappynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2007, 12:02 AM   #2

I use a card reader and not the plugin in the camera Nik. Found it a lot easier and faster. My wife has a Printer dock for her C340 but we always use the card reader. Shame to have a camera dock and not be able to use it...Maybe Ron Baird will see this and answer..If not I'd call Kodak's support line and see if they have an answer. sorry I'm not more help on this one!

Oh yeah...Have you tried pluging the camera directly into the computer with the USB cable that came with your camera?

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 12:06 AM   #3

Thanks for your response Dawg. I just emailed Kodak about this. I've not tried connecting the camera directly to the computer yet (but will try since I need the pics off of the camera). It's just a pain to, like you said, have a dock and not be able to use it. I print a lot of prints with it (for the kids and for family).

Maybe I should look into getting a card reader finally! lol
scrappynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2007, 4:49 PM   #4

Greetings Scrappy,

Sorry to hear that you had trouble uploading.

I suggest you consider checking the camera to be sure the connection is good and that you have the right software in place.

If you are connecting your camera directly, connect the USB cable to the computer, then plug in the camera and turn it on. If you have EasyShare software installed, or the Camera Connection Software enabled, the software should start and the program find the camera.

If you have the camera connection software installed you will get a window that offers either the Windows Wizard or EasyShare.

If neither of these occurs, reinstall the software so your system will recognize the camera. Be sure to turn it on before trying to transfer.

Let us know what happens.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote