Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 10, 2007, 8:57 AM   #21
Administrator

What "Cookie Editor" are you referring to? That sounds like what your issue was if it's not doing strange stuff like redirecting your favorites to Yahoo anymore.

As for a home page in Firefox, you can set your home page to any web site you want to (Edit>Preferences, click on Main Tab, set your home page to current page, or paste in any URL).

If your login info is not being retained, you've probably got the ability for sites to set cookies disabled in IE somewhere.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 12:10 AM   #22

Hi JiM and everyone else.

This forum/thread is becoming like the Verizon cell phone ad. Wherever the user goes he has the Verizon support team behind him (a army of men and woman, cars trucks and helecopters). Thanks to everyone for everything.

To get here now I went to my favorites, hit this forum. I required me to sign in

Rater ten sign in I hit the reset cookies line under the sign in area ad I became signed.

Installing FireFox or Opera,would either be a step in the right direction from IE 7?

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 1:02 AM   #23
Administrator

It may be something very simple (you've got IE 7 setup so that cookies are not allowed from here would be my guess).

I don't even have IE 7 installed, and I don't use IE 6 in Windows at all if I can help it. Heck, I don't even use Windows much if I can help it. lol So, I'm probably not the best person to ask. Anymore, I spend most of my time in Linux, since it does just about everything I need an operating system to do, with loads of good software available now (minus the hassles you have with viruses, spyware, virus removers, etc. that people put up with in Windows). lol

But, given all of the security holes in IE's past releases (especially if you leave Active X enabled), I'd use Firefox instead (it's what I use for my browsing in both Windows and Linux). Of course, Firefox is not immune to security problems either. But, it's got a much better track record compared to IE.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote