Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 1, 2007, 10:45 PM   #1

Hello!

None photographic pointer of caution!

I have a cell phone. I use verizon prepaid

Had a phone that was just fine but for the last 3 months was becoming a bit of a problem. Girl friend insists it all began when I droped in the sink with nomore than 1" of water. After 2 days of drying it too a charge properly but if the battery wass removed it would again take 2 day to hold a good charge. Verizon would not replace it for free because on the back of the phone and under the battery a blue spot had turned red indicating water damage. So much for that idea of free fix or replacment after 1.5 years.

I strongly feel that all phones are good but the services all stink. Rather than improve the service they just add bells and whistles to the phone to keep the fools happy.

I had a $100 gift card to Best Buy from points earned on my credit card so I bought a new Samsung with a camera ( I tell everyone that if you have a rectal cyst don't go to a dentist and if you need a digital camera don't buy a phone) I just love the notion that at any time I like I can take a mediocre picture with my phone.

The phone was $109 and they gave me a $15.00 credit for my old Pantech phone. Fantabulouse I made out like a bandit on the deal. Yesterday, one week to the day I went to the Best Buy web site to look at cases and Bluetooth for my Samsung.

Low and behold there was my phone NOT on sale but $30 less!!!

Took the bus down to Best Buy and gave thewm the good news and they gave me back $30

Best Buy has been in the news in various states for this little trick so keep one eye on what you need, the other on the price tag and the other on the stores internet web site !!

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2007, 12:52 AM   #2

bill2468 wrote:
Quote:
Hello!

None photographic pointer of caution!

I have a cell phone. I use verizon prepaid

Had a phone that was just fine but for the last 3 months was becoming a bit of a problem. Girl friend insists it all began when I droped in the sink with nomore than 1" of water. After 2 days of drying it too a charge properly but if the battery wass removed it would again take 2 day to hold a good charge. Verizon would not replace it for free because on the back of the phone and under the battery a blue spot had turned red indicating water damage. So much for that idea of free fix or replacment after 1.5 years.

I strongly feel that all phones are good but the services all stink. Rather than improve the service they just add bells and whistles to the phone to keep the fools happy.

I had a $100 gift card to Best Buy from points earned on my credit card so I bought a new Samsung with a camera ( I tell everyone that if you have a rectal cyst don't go to a dentist and if you need a digital camera don't buy a phone) I just love the notion that at any time I like I can take a mediocre picture with my phone.

The phone was $109 and they gave me a $15.00 credit for my old Pantech phone. Fantabulouse I made out like a bandit on the deal. Yesterday, one week to the day I went to the Best Buy web site to look at cases and Bluetooth for my Samsung.

Low and behold there was my phone NOT on sale but $30 less!!!

Took the bus down to Best Buy and gave thewm the good news and they gave me back $30

Best Buy has been in the news in various states for this little trick so keep one eye on what you need, the other on the price tag and the other on the stores internet web site !!

BiLL

Kid of a different Bait and switch going on there...I do not like to shop where there are several foks walking up and bothering me with a Can I help. Sheesh...If I needed their help I'd find them...And most of the time they know so much less than me that if I were ignorant of the items I was looking for I would not and could not trust them to furnish the information needed to make an intelligent and unbiased choice. Try asking about a Kodak or Pentax camera there and they will talk about Cannon or Sony all day but never recomend a Kodak or Pentax.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 8:18 PM   #3

Dawg must be according to the area you live in.I got my Kodak from best buy,when I ask the guy which he would reccomend between Kodak and Fugi,he said Kodak,mainly because of the better lense.I do agree I don't want someone hanging around wanting to help,I know it's there job,but when I need hepl I'll ask.The guy did ask if he could help me and I told him I was just looking and he left me alone until I was ready to ask questions.Just my 2 cents worth.!!!

Sandy
smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:24 AM   #4

The sales people at Best Buy are not on any commission I have been told thus they do not pounce on you like you were a wounded animal. Most know what they are talking about.

The reason for my posting is that they have been caught, fined and written up for the at times deceptive practice of one price in the store and one on line "that does not say for on line purchase only".

Sales people at camera stores are very similar to car sales people. Some camera/cars give stores/sales people incentives to push theur specific brand/model. When a store buys 10 units they may get one or two additional free units.

What it all boils down to is if you go into a store not knowing what you want/need you are raising the red flag that marks you as fair game all too often.

BiLL

bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 9:29 PM   #5

I prity much like BB in the area they do not bother me, but what bothers mewas the commercial that states you can play with everything and cough,cough all are wired up some may be broken and some cameras you cannot get test samples on them?

gotta love the apple
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote