Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 6, 2007, 1:10 AM   #61

Yes, looked at that many weeks ago. H264 is also Mpeg4 (Part 10) and Apple Quicklime also advocates it, and companies have been known to describe h264 as Mpeg4, so, completely understandably, there has been some confusion as to what this camera does. As it looks plain old vanilla Mpeg4 original (H263) and you seem to be indicating, as does the page, it is, maybe it is. Maybe the people who write these pages in future can be more aware of the use of the terminology in the wider industry.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 1:19 AM   #62

Hmm, I thought my original post was in response to an post that indicated that the z1275 was recording h264, but that reference seems to have disappeared. Very difficult at the moment to read through this because of an migraine.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2007, 10:26 AM   #63

HELLO, all. I have a question on Z1275's Movie function.

is there a limit on the size of the movie? :?

Say, I have a 4GB SD card. Will I be able to capture a single movie upto 4gb in size? Or will I have to take 2 segments of movies, each 2gb in size?

Thank you for the great info and samples.
haanul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2007, 1:27 PM   #64

paulplatt wrote:
Quote:
I inserted a 4GB SDHC card. I get just under 30 minutes available at 720p video. .......... What is happening with the 4GB card is that you can shoot two 30 minute videos. Thus there is a 30 minute/2GB max video limit as stated in the manual. Paul
I found the answer by paul in his eariler post. Sorry for not reading thoroughly.
haanul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2007, 8:34 PM   #65

I think you should care more about the battery life.

I feel a 30-min HD movie would have depleted the battteries.
big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2007, 12:45 PM   #66

To celebrate the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival

<<Moon Castle>>

focal length 180mm
aperture f/5.1
shutter 1/60s
ISO 200

Resized to 25%, SaveAs 66% quality by ACDSee5

Attached Images

big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2007, 8:45 PM   #67

Hi!,new

Kodak EasyShare Z1275
REVIEW:

video/pictures http://tuxtops.com/node/2455

This video can be found also youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGkIpdyCC44
tobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 8:31 PM   #68

I bought this camera from QVC for $198, and I have to say I am thoroughly disappointed.

Cheesy plastic construction including black plastic buttons that will probably cack, chip, and fade over time. The markings on the buttons are embossed, but not painted or illuminated, so you can only see them at various angles when the light reflects off of them. Good thing there aren't many.The battery door is plastic too, with a cheap plastic hinge, and I don't think it's going to be very forgiving, unlike the SD card door that at least has a metal hinge. The battery door is probably the first thing that will make the camera useless. The camera has a nice elegant look to it, but feels cheap, and looks cheap up close. They should have, at least, chrome plated all of the buttons for a nicer look. Menus are laid out nicely, and controls are nice and simple although the positions of the self-timer and flash buttons should be reversed. Your finger naturally rests on the leftmost button, so you keep triggering the timer when you want to adjust the flash. This is totally annoying when you are trying to capture a quick shot. The camera is compact, but unfortunately thick, bulky, and heavy as well. I realize that part of the thickness is due to the AA batteries (Which I prefer), but at its narrowest point, the camera is close to twice as thick as the width of the batteries, and there is no excuse for that today. Add on another quarter inch for the protruding lens, and it becomes rediculously thick for a shirt-pocket camera. Too bulky to just tuck away in the pocket of your jeans too, although it may make the girls think you are happy to see them.

Photos lack sharpness. When you blow them up, you can see color bleeding along some of the lines between highly contrasting colors. Lots of jaggies and pixilation. Loss of detail in hilight and shadow areas. I took some photos on a moderately cloudy day, at around 3PM, and every time I tried to use the zoom, the camera shake indicator came on. The colors do look nice, however the photos from my Sony 8MP DSC-N1 are better quality, so the 12MP is just a waste of digital space. I was hoping for a 50% increase in quality considering the difference in MP, but it just ain't so. QVC showed samples of photos blown up to 30x60 that looked incredible. I'd like to know how they did it with this camera. Magic of television I guess.

Videos are QUICKTIME, and I hate Quicktime, or any Apple product for that matter (long story, don't ask), so they are unplayable to me.In my opinion, they shouldn't use any format that can't be played by Windows Media Player. Video was OK, but limited to 30min/2GB segments. Zooms while recording, which is cool. Loses focus, but regains it quickly. Quality is only good if you use ultra-fast cards, so by the time you buy a couple of suitable cards and add that to the price of the camera, you could have bought a higher quality camera or nice digital camcorder, so it's really not worth it for that either.

It takes forever to get photos and videos uploaded from the camera. As a matter of fact, just about everything on this camera is SLOWWWWW! The camera doesn't use a standard mini-USB connector either, so if you lose the cable, you won't easily be able to get at anything in the internal memory. Why, for God's sake, can't they just use a standard cable and connectors? It's not like they're saving tons of room.

The image stabilization is a joke, that doesn't work except in a special mode. The reason for this, is that all it does it crank up the ISO, accompanied by all of the problems that go along with that. This point really made me mad because one of the reasons I bought it was because it had image stabilization, and the hosts at QVC conveniently never pointed out the fact that it doesn't work in all modes. While I'm on the subject of modes, there is an ISO mode too. So instead of being able to adjust the ISO in any mode, you have to enter a special mode, where many other things don't work, just like the image stabilization mode. That is totally rediculous, and whoever came up with that concept should be horsewhipped, or better yet, forced to use this camera.

So, all-in-all, I guess the old saying "If it looks to good to be true, it probably is" came through again. I thought I was getting a high quality camera for a decent price, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. It may be an okay snapshot camera for my half-blind, half-senile, Sherry-swilling grandmother, but for someone who is even half serious about photography, it's not worth even looking at. This is my first Kodak camera, and will probably be my last if this is the kind of junk they are peddling. If I saw this camera without a brand name on it, I would have said that it was some cheap Chinese import, but certainly not a Kodak. I'm not sure if I'm just going to pack it up and return it, or give it to my wife since she keeps stealing my N1, but I certainly don't want it.
jeryst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2007, 5:49 AM   #69

i see so much discussion here on this cam.. so i thought maybe this link will clear anything...

attention for Kodak fans, if you love this camera, do not watch, the verdict might harm your health

http://www.trustedreviews.com/digita...Share-Z1275/p1

they did not like it.

as a comparison to it here is the link for z712:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/digita...are-Z712-IS/p1

with this they were more satisfied..
Mystic-grapher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2007, 1:33 PM   #70

Hey guys,

Long time no talk!

Just by chance peeping into Kodak support website and found firmware 1.08

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...oadLanguage=en

Really fantastic!