Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:06 AM   #1

This is in regard to the SV811 Digital Picture Frame. It has been suggested that I address this to you. I have been exchanging emails with Kodak and they can't seem to grasp the problem.

The Picture frame will show .AVI files, but without sound. I have tried changing the sound priority in the settings. MP3 files play fine, so I know the speakers work. The AVI files are from my Casio EX-Z57, a JVC camcorder and the internet. All play fine on my computers and my Palm TX.

I have attempted a firmware update. According to the Kodak website the Settings area on the picture frame has a "update firmware" option, but it isn't there.

Any ideas? Or should just I return the little darling?

Thanks

Chuck

cfbush2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2007, 10:34 AM   #2

Greetings Chuck,

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the frame. Let me know your details etc. and how you are connecting etc. Also, tell me if you have set the volume correctly. Also is the avi file inclusive and the sound move with it when transferred?
[*]
[/*]To play a video from thumbnails view, highlight it and press OK.
[*]
[/*]Videos in thumbnail view:

• [/*]MOV videos are indicated with .

• [/*]AVI, MPEG, and MPG videos display the first frame.
[*]
[/*]During a slide show, videos play automatically. When the video ends, the slide show resumes.
[*]
[/*]Video buttons on the remote control:
[*]
[/*][align=left]Press
To

[/align]

[align=left]
[/align]

[align=left]
[align=left]
[align=left]
[align=left]
stop the video and return to thumbnails. [/align][/align]
Talk to you soon to figure out the issue.[/align]
Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company[/align]
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2007, 8:39 PM   #3

Thanks for replying Ron.

The AVI files that will not play sound are from my Casio Exilim EX-Z57 camera. These files play with sound on all of my computers as well as my PDA (Palm TX). I recently played a .MOV file with sound successfully on the frame and MP3 files also play. I have the volume turned up all the way and know how to switch sound priority. I am beginning to believe that the problem is in the way my camera encodes the files. Again, I can view the files on the frame, just no audio, and the files play with audio on other devises.

I have transferred the files both via USB (to internal memory) and on a SD card with the same results, video is fine but no sound.

My other issue is doing a firmware update. I have downloaded the file, put it on a blank SD card and followed the instructions on the web site. When I open the Settings on the frame there is no "Update Firmware" option as shown on the website.

Thanks for your help.

Chuck

cfbush2000 is offline   Reply With Quote