Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 19, 2007, 12:05 PM   #1

So I bought an EasyShare M883 and installed the software on my Macbook. The thing is the camera doesn't seem to register with my laptop when it is attatched through the USB cord, and the camera isn't charging at all. Kodak sent me a new USB cable and AV attatchment, but it still doesn't work. Am I just doing something wrong? When I turn the camera on and it's attatched to the laptop a light on the back flashes green a few times, then orange. I figured that might be the charging light, but it's not charging. Any advice?
jwags302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2007, 6:21 PM   #2

I just got the same camera. I believe they made a mistake in the manuals, the charging light is actually on the back above the 'ok' button. It takes about 2-3 hrs to charge fully, but it may vary among cameras.
daysoftheweek07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 11:01 AM   #3

Hi, I bought a red M883. I am getting really poor quality indoor photos. Even outdoor photos are not comparable to my old C743. I am not too much familiar with all camera settings. Are you guys getting good quality photos. Can you please suggest me some settings that you might be using. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attached is a photo with auto ISO, taken inside house under normal lights. I am getting those green/red dots in all pictures.

Thank you,
kk k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:02 AM   #4

Turn off the auto ISO and manually select either the ISO 64 or 100 settings. Most new point and shoots are so in love with their high ISO settings that they bump up the ISO's to supergrainy levels for the sake of a bit lighter photos at the expense of image quality. The M seriese cameras do havegreat flashes for an ultracompact, though - useable out to around 20 feet and it also has probably the fastest flash recharge time of any P&S currently on the market -so don't hesitate to use the flash. Also, try experimenting with the several scene modes.

The light only goes on while the camera is charging and turns off when it's done. I'm not getting very good battery life with our M883, though - 30 photos and 10 minutes of video and it's already showing half battery life.
whinystan is offline   Reply With Quote