Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 9, 2007, 1:33 PM   #1

I've read the pros/cons of z812 video but I have yet to see a bonafide example where someone tried to take a good video and knew how to operate the camera. To date the only videos I've seen are people who bought it, ran outside, shot something quickly with no description of their settings.

I'm not looking to stress the camera. I typically want to shoot family shots outdoors in good lighting. Anyone care to provide a new HD sample under ideal conditions with perhaps a little zoom in/out? Maybe one with continuous autofocus and another with single focus?

I don't plan to film in loud crowds either.
amac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2007, 4:33 AM   #2

If video is important to you, go to a store first to try out the video. One problem with the Kodak Z612, Z712 & Z812 is that when you operate the zoom while taking video, the picture goes out of focus and the sound mutes during the zoom. This is the one feature of my Z612 that I find irritating.
bayani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2008, 9:22 AM   #3

I am using Kodak Z812 . I have recorded HD videos , with various background noises, tv playing or traffic noise on a busy street. The audio played back normally.

It was not garbled or distorded as i have heard it mentionned. The zoom, the autofocus, performed very well. What is all this talk about AGC problems, maybe they need to get better hardware to playback the video.
Bobby65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2008, 12:25 AM   #4

When you are taking video and do a zoom while taking video, does the picture stay in focus or does it blur?

Does the audio stay at the same level as when you are no zooming or does the volume come down or mute during the zoom process?
a-beginner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2008, 4:31 PM   #5

Bobby65,

Great to hear you're not experiencing those audio issues. Is the camera relatively new? Perhaps Kodak has fixed the problem in your firmware/hardware compared to some early adopters.

amac is offline   Reply With Quote