Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 16, 2008, 10:42 PM   #21

I don't plan to sign it...

I figure that most people that buy a camera to plop in their purse or pocket like the cheap flat ones never even look at the menu.

If they get serious and want to tweak stuff then they buy a more expensive camera, like a Z or a P one. It's the 80:20 rule. You do what satisfies the 80% of people not the 20%. Again, I guess if you are that serious about photography you would put your money where your mouth was.

Unlike Canon, Kodak changes the features available from camera to camera not just the hardware and voila...they are easier to use (and cheaper to buy)as you don't have a gazillionmenu optionsin your face when youjust want to take a picture for ebay and need to change the picture size.

Sorry if you find this offensive but I'm glad I could buy a cheaper camera to put in my purse than to have it priced out of my range for the 75 people that might have bought it.
anyaonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 2:42 AM   #22

Don't worry. This post is so old no one else will be signing it either. And don't worry about offending anyone either as most believe the way you do anywho! LOL

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 9:05 AM   #23

You have 2 chances !

Nil and Slim !

BiLL

bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 9:41 AM   #24

bill2468 wrote:
Quote:
You have 2 chances !

Nil and Slim !

BiLL
I know those two guys personally and neither would be my choice!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:09 AM   #25

Hi,

Long time no talk, my friends!

My V550 & Z1275 do have the "sharpness option". But I dont quite feel it's related to the compression level.

I think it just applies sharpening filters to the already over-compressed images, although the image file size on choosing "high" sharpness does grow a bit from 2.x MB to some 3.xMB

big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2008, 1:04 PM   #26

big_potato wrote:
Quote:

My V550 & Z1275 do have the "sharpness option". But I dont quite feel it's related to the compression level.

I think it just applies sharpening filters to the already over-compressed images, although the image file size on choosing "high" sharpness does grow a bit from 2.x MB to some 3.xMB
The sharpness option change the "aggressiveness" of the sharpening filter. The Z*12s have this as well as three compression levels.

ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote