Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 7, 2007, 6:46 PM   #1

Hi everyone!

I own a p850 and I love how it works outdoors; I get some beautiful shots. However, indoors is another thing. EVERYTHING is overexposed with the flash and everything without the flash indoors is blurry and yellow.

So I went out and bought the p20 external flash, which is nice because I can bounce off the walls, and control the light. the only problem is that the built in flash still fires and everything is really overexposed now.

I've taken to putting a piece of paper over the built in flash which helps but it's awkward to hold a piece of paper there while trying to hold the camera steady.

is there a way to turn off the external flash only? If I turn off the flash, then nothing flashes at all, not the built in or the external.

Also, can that p20 external be used on other cameras, should I decide to scrap the p850? I can't stand having a camera I can only use outside. It sucks and I can't get work.

Thanks

Saya
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2007, 8:20 AM   #2

I've been having this problem too. So far the only way I can make it work is to make sure the camera is set in Auto mode. It's the green Auto on the urn wheel on top.

If you do that and set the option under the Menu system of External Flash to External Flash only.

Then it should perform as expected.

I just wish I could make it work without being in the full auto mode....If you figure that one out, let me know. I've had the thing lock up on my to the point I had to remove the battery from the camera to make it shutdown when I've tried using the flash in other modes on the wheel.

Any one else?
NotDadsW41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 2:55 PM   #3

Thank you so much! Hey now I might actually be able to use this camera indoors for the first time in over two years!

:roll:

Are all digital cameras this crappy at indoor pictures, or is it just mine? I had to go and pay an extra $150 to get the external flash. That makes me mad.

Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 7:30 PM   #4

Frankly I have found mine to be getting worse and worse as time goes on.

If I put the thing into full manual mode and try to work w/o a flash I get a better picture sometimes indoors.

However, using the big flash and bouncing it off the ceiling is the ONLY way I have found to get a decent picture indoors. The internal flash has proven to be marginal at best.

NotDadsW41 is offline   Reply With Quote