Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 10, 2007, 9:46 PM   #11

Interesting you say to format the cards in the camera. That makes the most sense to me as well. In the beginning of my adventure with Kodak they sent me some tips in an Email that I should use my computer to format the cards not the camera. Just make sure I use the FAT and not the FAT32 format. It didn't help at all. I would have been happy to keep the original camera if they would have given me some truely usefull help with my cards.

At one point I wrote to Lexar to explain what I thought was card problems. They pretty much told me to send in the cards under warranty and they would replace them. Again no tips on trying to bring them back to life. Since that time I purchased the Lexar Pro mainly to get the free Image Rescue software. It says in the instructions to use the secure erase first, then their format, and it would bring the card as close to new condition as possible. I don't have time to mess with it anymore. My Kodak warranty runs out in 4 days so I choose to send it in one more time seeing as they are paying for shipping. It's getting picked up tomorrow, we'll see what they find. I wrote a 2 page letter explaining everything. Wish me luck.
dj1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2007, 9:51 PM   #12

Good Luck:-)
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 9:44 PM   #13

The Kodak saga continues. My camera was supposed to be picked up yesterday 12/11 between 4 and 7pm. On Monday when the woman from Kodak support gave me the date and time I even repeated it back to her as I wrote it down. Well guess what no one came to pick it up. I called Kodak today and the first person I talked to said I needed to call DHL to find out what happened. At first I thought, hey wait a minute this is not my problem it's you that made the supposed arrangements. But if I make the call I'm in control of the situation and speak much better English. So I made the call. DHL could not find any record of the transaction. Well it's back to Kodak. This time I was noticeably upset talking with them. After a very long time on hold he came back and said the pickup was setup for today 12/12. The woman on monday did not say 12/12. I explained to him there wasn't going to be anyone home tonight. So he setup a new pickup for Friday 12/14 between 4 and 7pm. Just to rub salt in the wound, when I got home tonight at about 8pm there was a note on the front door that DHL missed us. All I got to say is I had better get a perfectly working camera out of this or the very sight of the word Kodak may send me off the deep end.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 12:28 PM   #14

This is almost comical.
- Last Monday Kodak arranged to have my camera picked up Tuesday 12/11.
- No one picked it up Tuesday.
- I called Kodak Wednesday to see what happened. They told me to call DHL.
- I called DHL and they found no record of a pickup at my address.
- Called Kodak back. Now they said they were coming Wednesday 12/13. I told them I was not going to be home so they then setup a new pickup for Friday 12/14.
- While we were out Wednesday night DHL arrived but we were not home.
- Thursday at around noon DHL called our house and asked when the camera could be picked up. I told them we already had an arrangement for Friday. They said they could do it that day and they did (Thursday evening).
- Friday morning DHL called our house and asked when the camera could be picked up. - We told them it already was.
- My wife just called me. DHL called today Monday and asked when the camera could be picked up.