Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 26, 2007, 5:18 PM   #1

Is anyone else's usb cord on the Z812 almost impossible to plug into the camera? I can only get it in when I slightly jiggle it...not sure if I should exchange it...

Other than that, the Z812 may be the best camera I've ever owned, and believe me, its a lengthy list,

Greg
tshow2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 26, 2007, 6:30 PM   #2

If it's the same as my Z712, it's so tiny I didn't think it could survive for long.

So I use a tiny USB SD Card reader instead, one of several I bought as Christmas stocking fillers for the family in a 'pound shop'.1 ukpound=$2 approx.

BTW, my Z712 is the best cameraI have owned, and there have been rather a lot, starting with a Ferrania 77 (127 film) in about 1959. In terms of quality/usability it even beats my kilos and kilos of Olympus SLR kit.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:07 PM   #3

The USB cord gets power from the computer. If it's not connected/disconnected correctly, you can zap your camera. I found out the hard way when I blew out the internal power on one of my cameras. Cost $185 to fix which was more than the camera was worth. Since then I always pull the memory card to transfer photos to my computer. That's what Alan T. is doing also.
leroyvanhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 7:21 PM   #4

I'm going to get a simple usb card reader, and go that route. Today, I invested in a battery charger and batteries, so it doesn't make much difference now to use the usb cable. Thanks for all the replies.
tshow2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 5:49 PM   #5

Nope...........no problems plugging mine in. As easy as pie.

I only use the battery packs and dock for all my downloading/charging needs.Unless I'm not using my computer then I use the cable.

As easy as pie.....where ever that saying came from.

sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote