Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 29, 2007, 6:06 PM   #1
mds

Hi everyone,

Brand new member who is desperately seeking some information. I purchased my camera at the begining of December while on a trip to MI. I live in Canada and found a great price on the camera that was too good to pass up.

I really haven't used it at all and last night I turn it on and my LCD is blank :?!

Push the EVF/LCD button and I can see thru the EVF. I push it a few more times and my LCD flashes on a few seconds and then nothing. Get back to my place and did tried to do some research online and found nothing :-?

Well I did see in relationship to another camera the idea of tapping it a bit on the side. As a last attempt I did try that and the screen did come to life! But alas for only a few seconds.

What can I do???

Any ideas, thoughts, direction would be greatly appreciated.

mds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2007, 8:20 PM   #2

Get warranty repair/replacement.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 9:17 AM   #3

ac.smith wrote:
Quote:
Get warranty repair/replacement.
I agree, provided you're sure the symptoms aren't due to low battery power. The 'tapping the camera' test is pretty certainly diagnostic of a fault.

Also, just in case, I recall several moments of panic when my Z712 was new, thinking that either the LCD or EVF weren't working.Then I worked out the many pitfalls during use between the LCD/EVF and review/shoot toggles. Sometimes they seem to work in opposition, as they're independent. I assume you'd worked that out already. If you have 'Quickview' enabled in the setup menu, that shows an image briefly just after it's taken.

Good luck; I hope you get it fixed quickly.

I love my Z712. I was trying to buy a 612 like ac.smith's when I accidentally bought it because the shophadn't any left, but their first 712 had just arrived. If you get it working you should be pleased. It's unbeatable at the price. Make you get two rechargeable Li-ion batteries and charger, preferably KLIC-8000, but rechargeable CR-V3s work well for me. Ideally carry a throwaway CR-V3 as well.

Also do make good use of the EVF live preview (and sometimes its histogram) to adjust exposure before you shoot. It's a brilliant feature.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 4:52 PM   #4
mds

Thanks for the feedback folks. I took it out last night and took some neat shots during a Christmas light display at a local park.

Now anyone have any ideas how is the best way to get warranty work done on a my camera? I don't find the Kodak website of any use in trying to find out.

Thanks and Happy New Year :-)
Old Dec 30, 2007, 5:27 PM   #5

Canada
Telephone
Email
Fax

Digital Product Support
1-800-465-6325

416-766-5814
Old Dec 30, 2007, 5:34 PM   #6
mds

ac.smith wrote:
Quote:
Assuming you're in the US:

Live phone support is available at 1-800-235-6325 (23KODAK), option 13, Monday through Friday, 9 A.M. to 8 P.M. Eastern time, free of charge.
Unfortunately (for this matter ;-) ) I live in Canada but purchased my camera at a Circuit City in MI.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 6:52 PM   #7

My reply now shows the Canadian phone # per Kodak's web site. Good luck.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 12:43 PM   #8

I had to warranty the first P850 I bought. Then the new one sent still did not fill my needs. KODAK bought it back, theywere a delite to work with, and has made me a customer for life.

If you ever have question for KODAK go to

www.KODAK.com and click on contact us........very easy
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote