Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 1, 2008, 8:02 PM   #1

I just purchased the Kodak Z712IS and am learning to use it. I find that when looking through the LCD viewer, the image moves or shakes on the screen. The few pictures I have taken turned out fine, but it is very disconcerting to have that screen movement. There is also a noise within the camera that coincides with the movement.

Is there something I am doing wrong - or need to have set differently? Thanks for any assistance!

sunhsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2008, 8:45 PM   #2

It's possible you have continuous autofocus switched on. You can turn it off in the menu system. I have mine set to 'single autofocus', which means focusing doesn't occur until you half-press the shutter release.

Bear inmind that the LCD and the continuous focus are both heavy energy users. Why not use the electronic viewfinder? I use the LCD only for showing images to other people, and when the camera is placed so I can't get my eye behind the EVF. Like all LCD screens, it's often difficult to see in ordinary ambient lighting.

Good shooting!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 9:13 PM   #3

Thank you for your reply. I do have the camera set at single autofocus. I turned on the electronic viewfinder and find that the same movement occurs in that mode.

The view through either the electronic or LCD seems rather "grainy", but the pictures turn out okay. Do you have that same experience?
sunhsine is offline   Reply With Quote