Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 17, 2008, 1:47 AM   #1

Ok so, my neighbour in newfoundland likes the photography I do out there, so, she's thinking about buying a camera and, i'm looking at the Kodak C613 for her, i've used it once before in Vegas, and it's a great entry-level/just starting camera!, though, apparently my word isn't good enough... :| ... haha. I've checked on here and there's no review posted, so then I check dpreview.com, they've got a review, but it's pretty crappy, all it does is tells you the basics, doesn't say anything about THEIR opinons, and doesn't show pictures it can take.
So I was wondering if anybody has this camera, tell me what you think of it, and if theirs another site with the camera on, and it has the website's opinons, please give me the link.

Thanks!
Exilmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2008, 2:01 AM   #2

Ok, so, i've found some reviews.
BUT don't worry, I have another problem, she has no computer...
Would that affect it in any way?
haha, you can tell how up I am on Kodak products, huh?.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 1:29 PM   #3

Exilmo wrote:
Quote:
...she has no computer...
Depends. What does she intend to do with the pictures she takes? Make prints? If so any EasyShare compatible printer can make prints directly from the camera and/or the memory card.

The only user comment I've seen was a complaint in one of the Kodak forums (here or DPReview) that Kodak had not included an orientation sensor. Bottom line, it's included on Kodak cams that retail for more than $100 and not for those less. The OP concluded that the 613 was all that was in his market (Romania I think) and he was very pleased otherwise.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 4:04 PM   #4

Well, I think that she's just going to do, random things, inside the house, random outdoor pictures, nothing professional yet since she haven't touched a digital camera before.
As far as prints are concerned, she may take off some if she likes them, theres lots of printers around here so, yeah. The C613 around here was originally 129-139$. So maybe it has the sensor..
Old Jan 18, 2008, 4:39 PM   #5

I was basing that $100us break point on the prices on Kodak's US website at the time I researched the issue. It doesn't have an orientation sensor.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 6:55 PM   #6

Oh ok. Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 6:10 AM   #7

Exilmo wrote:
Quote:
Ok, so, i've found some reviews.
BUT don't worry, I have another problem, she has no computer...
haha, you can tell how up I am on Kodak products, huh?.
She could always get a Kodak Digital Photo Frame, plug her camera in and view photos that way. You can also copy photos from the camera to the frame or another memory card in the frame.

My computerless mother has a digital photo frame and I send her a new memory card full of photos every few months to put into the frame.

For prints, your friend could take her memory cards to a photo kiosk and print that way.
latentaudio2 is offline   Reply With Quote