Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 17, 2008, 9:36 AM   #1

I've been looking everywhere and even wrote to Kodak about a waterproof case for my Easyshare but I just got a canned reply that they don't manufacture them, DUH! I knew that, I just wanted them to lead me to someone who does. Since they are oddly shaped I'm not sure the DiCapPac would hold them. Does anyone know? I'm not planning on deep-sea diving or anything, just want a cover that would protect the camera in a waterpark,just want to protect the camerafrom splashes and the like. Any ideas? I've gotten the disposable waterproof camerasbefore but as everyone knows the pictures are a gamble, sometimes they come out great others not so great. I'm not even sure if the expensive ones (the Pentax Opti ones would fit. Any help would be appreciated, I'm at my ropes end! TIA!:?
msr709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:42 AM   #2

How about a zip-lock bag?:-)
leroyvanhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2008, 2:34 AM   #3

All of the Lowepro AW bags have a waterproof cover that can be used to protect the bag. I use a Nova Micro AW with my Panasonic FZ18 which I expect would also fit the Kodak 712, but you can look at the measurements and check. If not, you can likely find a size that will work.
http://products.lowepro.com/catalog/Camera,20.htm
Rags
rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:56 PM   #4

If you are looking for a waterproof pouch that will protect your camera from water and still allow you to shoot, you might want to visit the site of aquapac.

They make pouches that keep your camera dry but allow you to shoot through the pouch.
a-beginner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2008, 6:58 PM   #5

I have a friend over on the Pentax forum that usestwo P880 Kodak's when he goes cave exploring. He uses a waterproof case of some kind on them. If you'd like I'll see if he will contact you and discuss how he does it!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2008, 2:03 AM   #6

Here's the reference for a possible option:

http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/

Look under SLR for the larger sized pouches. They are waterproof and can be brought under water and still allows you to shoot through the pouch.
a-beginner is offline   Reply With Quote