Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 12, 2003, 1:28 AM   #1

Default Kodak DCS315

I recently purchased a used DCS315. I have been pretty happy with it, with one exception. I cannot seem to download any pictures from camera, to the computer, via the camera's firewire port, using the DCS camera Manager Software.

I can get the files off when I put the PC card in my laptop, and transfer files manually, but that is a pain... I wanted a fire wire capable camera so I could plug it in, and download all the photos quickly.

I have a DCS 315c, firmware v1.3.2
I am using the latest Camera Management Software downloaded from the Kodak site.

When I am in the "camera Folders" tab of the Camera Management Software, I click on the copy button, and I get the error "Unable to delete image. It may be open by another application". This happens regardless of weather I have the "delete from camera" check box checked or not.

Any help would be appreciated, as I have run through all the software settings and can't quite figure out what I am doing wrong.

-jl
jlassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2003, 5:10 AM   #2

I upgraded teh firmware, and pics are transfering just fine now. Latest version of the Controle software had imcompatabilities with older firmware.
jlassen is offline   Reply With Quote