Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 20, 2008, 12:14 AM   #1

I recently purchased the Kodak v1253 camera. I've done everything I can think of to resolve the problem of downloading pictures from my camera to my computer. I have Windows XP home and since I bought the camera I've done the following to fix the problem.

Purchased a battery charger, checked all my drivers to make sure they we working correctly by using driveragent.com, installed a pci usb 2.0 adapter card, tried downloading pics without using my SD 2gb card, uninstalled Kodak easyshare and used the internet download, checked to make sure my windows xp was up to date.... any other ideas? Kodak customer service is not very helpful. I'm going to try them again tomorrow, .... help help help.
devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2008, 4:27 AM   #2

Your question has been asked many times here before, and the answer from many different users is always the same....

Buy a USB card reader. They're cheap (sometimes ludicrously so) and effective, and allow you to transfer your images using Windows' native filehandling facilities to put your images on any computer with a USB port.

Camera manufacturers' proprietary softwareis justtheir way of trying to lock you in to their brand. I tried 'Easyshare' briefly when I bought my Z712, and promptly rubbed it out again. I am, however, absolutely delighted with the camera.

Good luck!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 1:08 PM   #3

Thanks! I just purchased a usb card reader and like magic my pictures transfered to my computer.
devon is offline   Reply With Quote