Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 19, 2008, 5:35 AM   #1

Hey Guys,

So I have read over several hundred posts at this point, so I decided to join the forum.

I have a Kodak DX7590 and have owned it for quiet some time now, I however bought it because I wanted to upgrade my 1.2 megapixel dinosaur, it hasnt really been used a whole lot. I didnt really realize the cameras potential.

For some reason or another taken a real interest in theworldof photography and beleive the DX7590 is more than enough camera to get me started.

Based on some of the other posts I read and for fear that the lens adapter will not be available for the camera much longer. I just ordered itfrom a local retailer. I was wondering if anyone has the lens that Kodak reccomends on their website. I know the TCON 17 has been raved about on here. So please let me know....your thoughts on the best tele lens......

If anyone has some nice to know, need to knowor should knows about the camera and or photography please post away. I need all the advice I can get at this point.

Thanks kindly guys, and i know the DX7590 is kinda old news but hopefully you guys dont mind indulging a rookie, in some rookie conversations for alittle while, just until I get up too speed.

best regards....

Transit Cop..

Transit Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 19, 2008, 5:54 AM   #2

Here are a couple of my attempts at photography!

Pointers are very welcome!

Attached Images

Old May 19, 2008, 5:55 AM   #3

Attached Images

Old May 19, 2008, 5:56 AM   #4

This shot is what started it all, It was a total accidental shot. I took it while visiting my homeland of Northern Ireland.

Itwastaken In Carrickfergus Castle.

Attached Images

Old May 19, 2008, 6:28 PM   #5
Administrator

Welcome to the forums.

You'll need to downsize images for posting here so that they'll show up in your posts.

When I use Windows, I use the free Irfanview for downsizing images (but, most image editors can resize if you're using something else).

With this software, after you open an image, select "Image>Resize/Resample" and make the width around 640 to 720 pixels wide for posting (since many forum members don't have higher resolution screens and they'd need to scroll back and forth to see the image at larger dimensions).

Leave the Preserve Aspect Ratio box checked. After you click OK, use the "File>Save As" menu choice and give it a new filename. I'd set the Quality slider you see come up at around 80% to keep the file size within limits.

Then, when you make a post, you can browse for it using the Browse button you'll see here and attach it. Here's an example where I'm resizing an image to 720 pixels wide (which is fine for posting in forums).

[img]attachment.php?id=56613[/img]
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2008, 12:03 PM   #6

JimC
Thanks for that post, it is very helpful for newbee like me.
Carly.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2008, 7:30 AM   #7

Hello TransitCop and welcome...the dx7590 may be getting old but its still a great camera. With a lot of practice and experimenting, you will love this camera. I have the Tcon1.7 and have known and read a lot about the kodak 1.4. They both work fine with the dx7590. For most of us here we considered since they both work well,we opted for the Tcon with a little morereach (646 vs 532 at 10x opt zoom) and a better price
I got one of the 1st dx7590's they shipped and have never regretted it. Feel free to ask any questions, the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2008, 9:16 AM   #8

I have the Kodak S-K 1.4x TCon for my Z612. Haven't used it extensively but I'll upload a couple of test pics this weekend so you can compare the with/without results.

A. C.

ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 9:41 PM   #9

ac.smith wrote:
Quote:
I have the Kodak S-K 1.4x TCon for my Z612. Haven't used it extensively but I'll upload a couple of test pics this weekend so you can compare the with/without results.

A. C.

thanks a lot...

Old May 22, 2008, 9:42 PM   #10

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Welcome to the forums.

You'll need to downsize images for posting here so that they'll show up in your posts.

When I use Windows, I use the free Irfanview for downsizing images (but, most image editors can resize if you're using something else).

With this software, after you open an image, select "Image>Resize/Resample" and make the width around 640 to 720 pixels wide for posting (since many forum members don't have higher resolution screens and they'd need to scroll back and forth to see the image at larger dimensions).

Leave the Preserve Aspect Ratio box checked. After you click OK, use the "File>Save As" menu choice and give it a new filename. I'd set the Quality slider you see come up at around 80% to keep the file size within limits.

Then, when you make a post, you can browse for it using the Browse button you'll see here and attach it. Here's an example where I'm resizing an image to 720 pixels wide (which is fine for posting in forums).

[img]attachment.php?id=56613[/img]

excellent program, I have downloand it and am using it!

Thanks again for the newbie help!