Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 30, 2003, 1:32 PM   #1
Akm

Default CX4200 as a webcam???

Hi.
Would you tell if the Kodak CX4200 camera can work as a webcam? If so, which drivers can I use for this purpose (for Windows XP or 98)? Officially, Kodak doesn't support this option for CX4200s, however, it looks like there's no technical restrictions for CX4200 to be a webcam.
Thank you
Akm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2003, 1:41 PM   #2

i believe you can use some cameras as web cams using the tv out on the camera connecting to a tv in on your video card. I believe you would have to use the software that comes with the video card or capture card to capture the video. You can get a web cam for real cheap these days though...
kschewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2003, 3:14 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschewe
i believe you can use some cameras as web cams using the tv out on the camera connecting to a tv in on your video card. I believe you would have to use the software that comes with the video card or capture card to capture the video. You can get a web cam for real cheap these days though...
I just got a new Kodak CX6230 and it works perfectly as a webcam when it's plugged into my ATI All in Wonder card, the only problem is (big problem) that I cannot find a way so far to disable the auto power saver thingy which shuts the screen off after 60 seconds even if the camera is plugged into the AC Adaptor...

Any help would really be appreciate.. Please Email me.
I used to have an old Kodak DC220 and it had the same problem, but that camera used something called "script" and I found one which after installed, it had the option to disable the power saver feature which shuts off the LCD or "Video Out" which used to work so well for Webcam purposes.

Mrjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2003, 12:16 PM   #4

reading on kodak i see that scripts are something different. they are programs. Scripts are electronic files on the camera memory card that automate routine camera operations and extend camera functions. When a memory card containing a script is placed in your camera, the script appears as an option in either the Capture or Review modes. The Scripts option is not displayed unless a script is on the memory card. You can even write your own if you are a programmer. I believe kodak has some software script developer package for your camera. I am sure it is floating around the web somewhere.

I looked and I cannot find for my camera dx4900 so I am assuming you wont get scripts for yours. I think scripts were for only some models of cameras, the older ones possibily. In the date time setup menu is where I have my options for power save. Just make sure you checked. Let me know how it goes
kschewe is offline   Reply With Quote