Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 16, 2003, 10:34 AM   #11

Hi Mark,

I noticed in your post that you are from the Great North Wet . If that means the northwest, then we are in the same area.

I had been checking out camera's at a variety of locations in Portland, OR area (Costco, etc.). I was about to order one from Dell ($449.10 including shipping during one of their promotions). I logged into ebay and found a host of cameras being auctioned (brand new, not refurbished). I was lucky enough to win one of the bids ($425 with shipping) during a time when there was not a high frequency of bidders. I received it in only 3 days.

I continue to be impressed with this camera the more I learn to use it.

Hope this helps.

Thom
tepeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2003, 7:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tepeacock
I recently purchased the Kodak DX6490 ($425 for the complete package). I compared it to the other similar featured 10x optical zoom cameras (Olympus, Fujifilm, etc.). I am very pleased with the camera. It's layout and ease of use is outstanding in comparison.

You can order the new 1700mAH Lithium Ion batteries (Kodak part # 1064062) at neutronexpress.com and at digitallyunique.com ($24.95). They are hot sellers so sometimes they are temporarily sold out. I checked with Kodak and they will soon have them available at rite2u.com (a kodak company) very soon.

I hope this helps.

Thom
Thanks, Thom. I will be ordering one from one of your sources tomorrow. I checked with a camera shop I have done business with for years and they called and said they could get me one for $39.95. Ain't that special. MSRP is 29.95 as per Kodak

Appreciate your help
Al
Albaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2003, 3:20 PM   #13

Default Battery on Rite2u.com

Kodak now shows the dx6490 battery as available on Rite2u.com -- they are just currently out of stock.
thekaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2003, 9:00 PM   #14

I got a battery and charger at Neutron express. I ordered late Fri. afternoon and it was at my door the following Wed. at noon.
They were very polite-checked to see if it was in stock, checked the charger to make sure it was the right one etc, at my request, all before taking the order. Everything worked and was as ordered. No excuses or backorders etc. I am very impressed.

Will do business with them again!! Only one complaint-the S+H charges are additive for each item.

256mb Sandisk 76.99
Kodak 8321548 Batt Chgr. 24.51
Kodak 1064062 Battery 24.99

S+H 14.19

Total 140.68

Al
Albaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2003, 7:15 AM   #15

B&H Photo Video (www.bhphotovideo.com) now offers the dx6490 battery and rapid charger ($29.95 each) on-line.

I may just use it as an excuse to go into the city, though, and save shipping...
thekaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2003, 9:17 AM   #16

The DX6490 will work with the 1050 mah kodak lith-ion battery. It is available on rite2u.com and amazon. I would recommend only using the Kodak batteries, as stated in the user's guide.

aristo
artisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2003, 5:10 PM   #17

Default Battery for Kodak DX 6490

I called Kodak's 800 number and was directed to their website for the DX6490. it is www.kodak.com/go/dx6490. Click on "Accessories" and you will see both the battery and a fast charge. Click on either one and you will be shown specifications and where to buy them. Both are available from CDW and from Amazon.Com. Price for each is 27.95 and both places said they have them in stock. I ordered one of each so we'll see if I get them promptly
wilson.adkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2003, 9:34 PM   #18

Found the battery at Amazon.com - make sure it's from Amazon and not another seller (i.e. Office Depot ships via Amazon, but charges A LOT for shipping). Add something cheap to get over $25 and shipping is free.

Here's the battery for $24.99 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...525527-9120109

Keep checking back, it comes and goes.

I ordered batteries for $1.50 to get over $25
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...525527-9120109

I just got my DX6490 last night, and am having a blast!
Jenn
Malleybean is offline   Reply With Quote