Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 1, 2003, 7:19 AM   #1

Default I found a battery for the Kodak DX 6490..

I returned the kodak for a Canon G5 but I did find a battery for you guys who need one for your DX6490...LENMAR MAKES ONE AND THE PART NUMBER IS DLF120.. You can get it at Buy.com and it is in stock...hope I helped you guys....Take Care Shane...
Shane492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2003, 5:38 AM   #2

:shock: Wow! 76 bucks is kind of steep! Kodak says their MSRP is $29.95 for their 1700mah. But if you can't find one, then I guess it doesn't matter how inexpensive it is.

Al
Albaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2003, 2:37 AM   #3

The battery listed above dlf-120, or any of the 120 fuji series batteries will not work in the kodak DX-6490. I guess we will have to wait for Kodak, or use the lesser powered dlf-60 or Kodak klic-5000. By the way if you do a search on either of these numbers on a search engine, you can find the no name equivelant for about $16.00 dollars at the right site.
-cblue
cblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2003, 2:41 AM   #4

By the way, the DX-6490 is everything you could hope for in mid range camera. My wife can use it for point and shoot, and I can use it for all the specialty functions like action, low-light or especially the awesome 10X zoom it has.
- Cblue
Old Oct 9, 2003, 6:03 AM   #5

Yes the dlf-120 will work with the Kodak..Even you said that the dlf60 will work it is the same battery just lower mah..The dlf 120 is a 3.7 volt 1800mah and the kodak klic 5001 is a 3.7volt 1700mah..Yes the battery works just fine (how do I know this you ask??) Because I used it and it works just fine...
Old Oct 9, 2003, 6:07 AM   #6

I am glad you are happy with your kodak camera..I just found it not up to the image quality that I wanted..I like the canon much better but you can't compare the two because it would be like apples and oranges...Have fun with your kodak....
Old Oct 10, 2003, 1:36 AM   #7

Shane I do not doubt your experience, but the dlf-60 and the dlf-120 are two differently dimensioned batteries. The Kodak DX-6490 will except the dlf-60 because it is the same size as the Kodak klic-5000 which is a smaller mAh battery, and dimension, but kodak allowed for that in the camera. The dlf-120 is the same width and close mAh to the klic-5001, but it does not have a slimmer width on the end with the contacts like the klic-5001 ; the same whole battery slimmer width of the dlf-60. The battery will slide into the camera, but the contacts will not touch. I contacted Lenmar with this issue, and they told me to send back the battery because it was not meant for use in the DX-6490 Kodak camera. The difference in the size of the tip of those two batteries is dlf-120= 11mm and the Klic-5001 =7.5mm
-Cblue
Old Oct 12, 2003, 5:56 AM   #8

I e-mailed Kodak for the third time about a replacement battery and here is their reply:

"With regard to your concern, I have located a link where you can view Kodak
stores that sells Kodak EasyShare Li-ion rechargeable battery for DX6490.
You can view this at:
http://www.kodakexpress.com.au/store..._locations.asp

Hope I was able to help you with your inquiry. Should you have other
concerns about Kodak Products, feel free to email us again."

Now isn't that precious! I can buy the camera in Michigan but I have to do a store locator search in Australia to find a battery.

I am fairly satisfied with the camera itself, but unless you need the 10X, I would not recommend it just for the customer service and accessorie availability. The camera may be obsolete before you can find a battery, and on the other hand, Kodak may no longer be here either. I would not buy again.

Albaby :x
Albaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2003, 1:01 PM   #9

I recently purchased the Kodak DX6490 ($425 for the complete package). I compared it to the other similar featured 10x optical zoom cameras (Olympus, Fujifilm, etc.). I am very pleased with the camera. It's layout and ease of use is outstanding in comparison.

You can order the new 1700mAH Lithium Ion batteries (Kodak part # 1064062) at neutronexpress.com and at digitallyunique.com ($24.95). They are hot sellers so sometimes they are temporarily sold out. I checked with Kodak and they will soon have them available at rite2u.com (a kodak company) very soon.

I hope this helps.

Thom
tepeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2003, 3:44 AM   #10

Thom,

Was just wondering where you found the DX6490 for $425?!?

Thanks,

Mark
Mark Davis is offline   Reply With Quote