Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 22, 2008, 4:30 AM   #1

I love my Z812! Its quite small, and quite light,lots of features and i love the PASM modes!

Here is my first shot. Now i'm not one who spends hours adjusting photos in photoshop so each droplet of water is in perfect focus, etc. But i really do like the adjustments you can make in Easyshare!

I'm quite pleased with it, Just bumping up the shadows in easyshare and adjusting exposure and so on!

Comments and Critiscisms, and any tips and tricks for using my Z812?

Regards - Sim
SimmiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 22, 2008, 6:59 AM   #2

SimmiS wrote:
Quote:
I love my Z812!....i really do like the adjustments you can make in Easyshare!....and any tips and tricks for using my Z812?
Smashing picture! I'm pleased you're pleased. Be careful not to get too tangled up in and dependent on Easyshare. Many folk have difficulties in getting it to talk to their camera. Maybe it's sorted out now.

The best solution is to get is to get a cheap SDcard reader to transfer the images, and then you can do what you like with them (but DO back them them up in more than one place). Then you're not dependent on any software at all.

The best tip of all is to use the live EVF preview to adjust the exposure, using EV adjustment. Make sureyou half-press & release the shutter button after each adjustment. On my Z712 this means I do a lot of the darkroom/editor twiddling before I push the button

Did you see anything of the Tall Ships? I parked at Port Sunlight & went to New Brighton yesterday on the train. It was shoulder-to-shoulder on the seafront, but comfortable on the grass in a park overlooking the lighthouse & the fort.

The way back, even leaving early, involved Japanese style train-packing due to 'signal failure' (probably stolen copper cable)!

Z712is, 432mm equiv, 1/813s, f/6.3, ISO 100
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2008, 7:19 AM   #3

Ah yes, the good old "Wirral Whip" van! I often see that van parked on the promenade outside my house!

Unfortunatly, My un-recahargeable CRV-3 packed up before i could take any pictures, and the salt in my woundswas thefact thati had claimed myself a great spot on Fort Perch Rock!

Great picture though, it was a stunning event wasn't it? Thanks for your comments on my picture. I have bought myself a card reader allready, and luckily my CRV-3 rechargeable batterys and Charger arrived today from Hong Kong (i didn't know they were coming from there!) So i will take a few more shots. Thanks!!

-Sim

SimmiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2008, 10:33 PM   #4

Nice photo Sim. I shoot photos that first please me. If they please others that is a plus but first I shoot photos that please me.

Alan ...gorgeous photo there. Wish I had a few photo ops like that. All hot sticky and dull in Alabama right now. Temps around 100+ and humidity at 80-90%.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:20 PM   #5

Sim and Alan-

Thanks for the very nice photos.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote