Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 11, 2008, 3:04 PM   #61

blindmansworkshop wrote:
Quote:
Hello there,

First post here (eek); have enjoyed Steve's excellent reviews for some time, but this is the first occasion I've come to post a question!

I'm thinking of getting myself a Z1012, and everything looks brilliant apart from one thing - the shutter speed. I'm currently using a Kodak that's several years old, and completely outdated. But the shutter speed can go all the way up to about 6 (maybe even 10? it's been a while since I checked) seconds.

The Z1012 however apparently only goes as "slow" as 1/30th of a second. As some one who likes to experiment (read: has no idea what he's doing) with long exposure shots, just for kicks, this is a little disappointing.

I was hoping some one might show me a glimmer of hope; is there any feature about the camera that offers a long exposure time? A shot setting perhaps? 1/30 seems far too short for me, which is a real shame.

Pete.
whttp://www.BlindmansWorkshop.com
The 1/30 - 1/3200 sec. speed range is in the Smart Capture mode. The range in any of the PASM modes is 16 - 1/1000 sec. Source, specs. in the manual.

A. C.

ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 5:55 PM   #62

Brilliant, thankyou All the review specs I'd seen only quoted those Smart Capture stats.

Will be ordering this, like, now!
blindmansworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2008, 11:40 AM   #63

Hi A.C. and Blindman-

I was setting up a product type shot this morning and the closest camera at hand was the Z-1012, and the Z-1012 did a great job.

I have also found that the Z-1012 at ISO 800 in existing light does very well to!

Sarah Joyce

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2008, 12:49 PM   #64

Here is a Z-1012 high ISO shot at ISO 800.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2008, 11:24 AM   #65

This camera is easy to use, and the pics are great. I use it to photo my original artwork to send off for prints. The color density and sharpness is noticably improved from my older Easyshare.
I am very happy to report Kodak is improving all the time. That's a good thing!

deadastronaut001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:51 PM   #66

Don't consider Z1012IS!

You have to buy additional HDTV dock ($99) for this DC if you wish to watch video in TV. You know there is no A/V cable bundled with DC.

There is no charger and rechargeable battery as well! If you are using rechargeable AA battery, you should replace them after 15 min as it is not fully support Z1012IS! You have buy its rechargeable battery and charger with additional cost of $45!
thchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 5:06 PM   #67

thchow wrote:
Quote:
Don't consider Z1012IS!

You have to buy additional HDTV dock ($99) for this DC if you wish to watch video in TV. You know there is no A/V cable bundled with DC.

There is no charger and rechargeable battery as well! If you are using rechargeable AA battery, you should replace them after 15 min as it is not fully support Z1012IS! You have buy its rechargeable battery and charger with additional cost of $45!
How many times do you need to post this exact answer. I've seen you post this answer in two different threads already. Not all of us care about video andsome of us already have batteries/chargers. Stating your issues is fine but either say something new or post a link to your previous comment.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 7:50 PM   #68
Administrator

ac.smith wrote:
Quote:
thchow wrote:
Quote:
Don't consider Z1012IS!

How many times do you need to post this exact answer. I've seen you post this answer in two different threads already. Not all of us care about video andsome of us already have batteries/chargers. Stating your issues is fine but either say something new or post a link to your previous comment.
Ditto.

thchow:

That's enough on this subject. I'm getting really tired of seeing post after post bashing the cost of the extras to do what you want to accomplish with this camera.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2008, 9:31 PM   #69

sample video
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lPsA84kp2U
uploaded in full 720p
make sure to click on "watch in HD" at the bottom right of the video and then put it in full screen if want... youtube does reduce the quality tho
i really do love this camera
and here are some photos ive taken:
Code:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/me_pics
im not even sure how to really use the iso and stuff
dey4gotaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2008, 12:30 AM   #70

WOW ! I would just love to visit your garden !
dakshithaw is offline   Reply With Quote