Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 1, 2008, 6:37 PM   #1

I was delighted to read Steve's Review of the new Kodak Z-1012 today (01 August 2008). It looks to be a rather nice camera.

Has anyone purchased it yet?

I would love to see some sample photos.

I hope that you are enjoying a great weekend!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2008, 11:31 AM   #2
Administrator

I was a bit late posting announcement threads about it in the forums.

You can see Steve's hands on review here:

Kodak EasyShare Z1012 IS

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 11:55 AM   #3

Thanks JimC.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 2, 2008, 6:55 PM   #4

Even though it is not Kodak's latest camera, the Z-712 is still a winner. It is now selling for bargain prices. Here is a photo sample.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Aug 4, 2008, 1:23 PM   #5

Thiselement of Steve's Conclusions needs to be revised, "This also gives you the ability to use AA type cells of either Alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries. We recommend using the rechargeable NiMH batteries as they will last longer than Alkaline and will save you money in the long run."

The AA batteries should be lithiums not alkalines. Nor are NiMH rechargeables recommended. Suitable batteries are non-rechargeable lithium AAs or CRV3s or rechargeable LiIons such as the KLIC8000 (or equiv.) or rechargeable CRV3s.

A. C.

ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 2:09 PM   #6

Good Morning, A.C.-

Yes, you are entirely correct about the battery situation on the new Kodak Z-1012. In fact, after ordering a Z-1012, I have a KLIC-8000 all charged up and awaiting the delivery of the new Kodak Z-1012.

You realize that fate intended that I purchase that camera, as my birthday is indeed 10/12. The camera should arive today (08/04) or tomorrow. I will of course get some photos posted rapidly.

I also remain very hopeful that the Kodak Z-1015 (due to be introduced in September) will be another small step toward a stop-gap replacement for the famous Kodak P-880.

Have a great day!

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 4, 2008, 4:23 PM   #7

As I mentioned previously in my earlier post this morning, I was awaiting the delivery of my new Kodak Z-1012 camera and I was ready with a fully charged KLIC-8000. Well, the Kodak Z-1012 arrived just 15 minutes ago.

But, there was a surprise! There was a Kodak branded CRV-3 in the Z-1012 camera box, not a KLIC-8000 and no charger came with the Z-1012.

None the less, I popped my fully charged KLIC-8000 battery in the Z-1012 and a formatted SD card, and pushed the "ON" button. The Z-1012 promptly came to life, and I was in business. So here is the first photo from the Z-1012. The exposure looked to be spot on and I was pleased with the default sharpness of the photo.

Sarah Joyce

Attached Images

Old Aug 4, 2008, 4:25 PM   #8

I have not been into the Z-1012's documentation, but I did notice that when I set up this macro photo, that the Z-1012 automatically switched itself over to the Macro or Close-Up Mode.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Aug 4, 2008, 5:09 PM   #9

I wanted to follow-up a bit concerning the Kodak branded battery that I received with my new Kodak Z-1012 camera.

In the attached photo you will see the subject Kodak battery in a CRV recharger that I already owned, along with a rechargeable CRV-3 battery. I purchased the CRV-3 battery and charger about a year ago when AlanT and I were working on the battery problem that he was experiencing with his Kodk Z-712 camera.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Aug 4, 2008, 7:00 PM   #10

Here is another sample photo from the new Kodak Z-1012. Once again I am very please with the IS and the sharpness qualities of the Z-1012.

The Command Dial works very much like the Z-712, making the -0.3 EV that I used on this photo easy to dial in when needed.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images