Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 8, 2009, 3:57 AM   #31

I have z710 and this digicams have "review" switch . After click this the camera is enable only lcd and display pictures . In camera z1012 I must shutdown cap . This is trouble. If I review etc. hour images , the lens is uncovered ... Finger in the lens :-) . New firmware exist ? The camera have button review , why not use it ?????
FalconM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2009, 4:48 AM   #32

Giancarlo_HG wrote:
Quote:
you are a teacher ...The Z1012 is running out in stores:roll:
Thanks for the compliment.

You could try buying direct from Kodak's 'on-line shop', as I did, if it delivers to where you are. (I felt very guilty for not buying from my friendly local camera shop, but he's forgiven me, as I bought my daughter's Christmas-present camera there.)

I just looked at the UK version of the Kodak shop, at...

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...requestid=9366

...and the Z1012 is now £166, i.e., 14 ukpounds less than I paid in November, including delivery. The 'package contents' on their website still says it includes a KLIC-8000 battery and mains charger.

Good luck!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2009, 5:02 AM   #33

FalconM wrote:
Quote:
...The camera have button review , why not use it ?????
I agree this is a nuisance, but every camera I have ever owned, in 48 years of photography, has had some drawbacks. Otherwise I wouldn't keep buying new ones every few years.

The whole long Z*12is sequence of excellent cameras has been like this, so I don't think it would be sensible for them to change it now. If you want more facilities on your camera, you'll have to pay for them. There are many conceptually similar cameras offering better facilites, but they're all bigger, heavier, and, most especially, much more expensive.

Just the electronic viewfinder with full on-screen setting information and live preview is something missing from cameras 10 times the price.

Just my opinion!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote