Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 7, 2008, 9:21 AM   #11

The Casio on the right in the last shot is a successor model to my own excellent pocket camera, an EX-Z750, still frequently in use, shown bottom left in this shot (for daughter to compare the sizes). I prefer the great degree of manual control present in mine and absent from the newer little Casios.

This shot was aperture priority, 1/40s, f/4.5, -0.3EV, -0.3 flash.
Attached Images

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2008, 9:38 AM   #12

This is a shot from the Casio EX-Z750, showing the Z712 at the front with its current case on the left, and the Z1012 at the back with its current case (formerly the 712's) on the right.

This aims to show that the Z1012 is a couple of millimetres bigger all round (which is several millimetres less than the 1015). The square case also holds two spare batteries, a mini-USB card reader, a mini-tripod, a blower brush, and several spare SD cards. All the serious competition to the Z1012 is quite a bit bigger, much heavier, and much more expensive. I like the 712 so much I was terrified of accident or extinction happening to it, so the 1012 was bought as a backup. And I accidentally acquired a KLIC-8000 battery at last!

Both would go in a large handbag (purse), or a jacket pocket, but wife's and daughter's both bulge at the seams at all times anyway.
Attached Images

Old Dec 7, 2008, 9:41 AM   #13

Here's the Z1012 on the left and the Z712 on the right. I'll report my comparison between the two in this forum before too long.
Attached Images

Old Dec 7, 2008, 9:53 AM   #14

Good Morning, AlanT-

It good to see you on the forum again. Thanks for posting. "Purse size" is something of a relative term. You see I still cary my Z-712 or my Z-1012 in my purse all the time. Why not either is a very capable camera.

What was the desision on the smaller purse size cameras? Was it the Pentax M-60, which you referred to as "the leading contender?"

I hope you are enjoying a great weekend.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2008, 11:06 AM   #15

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
...What was the desision on the smaller purse size cameras?....
Awaiting a response from daughter to my emailed data & pictures. Either she'll leave it to me, or try them with me in & around the shop a few days before Christmas.

When she rang me last night she hadn't read her email for a few days, but I forgive her. She's a junior hospital doctor who'll shortly have worked 4 days of 13-hr night shifts, followed by a day & a night off, followed by two continuous weeks and two weekends, one week of which is 13-hr shifts. This is said to be a great improvement from a few years ago, when they didn't sleep at all until they fell over.

So while today's young persons may not be as tough as you, Sarah Joyce, she's a lot tougher than me at my best!
Old Dec 7, 2008, 12:13 PM   #16

Hi Alan-

In the good old days (1970 to 1980) we were allowed 27 hours on duty as long as we had an "augmented crew" (three pilots and on flight engineertotal). That allowed us to fly San Francisco to London and return in the same on duty period.

Thankfully it is not that way any more!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote