Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 11, 2010, 5:26 PM   #31

Based on trial and error, it appears that the lens adapter that accommodates a 67mm filter is the best solution that will provide the smallest amount of vignetting.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2010, 5:27 PM   #32

'Sorry! Inadvertent double posting.

Sarah Joyce
Old Jun 13, 2010, 9:18 PM   #33

Ok, the 67mm referes to what measurement? My telephoto lens has a 58mm base, My step up ring (which does not reach deep enough) is 49mm-58mm. Not sure how long the "adapter tube" is,which DOES reach deep enough into my camera to mount and my telephoto will fit that adapter tube. Im kinda Camera illiterate so please bear with me...

If you have exact part numbers and makers for what works for you can you please post them so I can look at them, Although I'm not looking to break my bank for this. $460 on the camera, $59.00 on the lens and $6.00 on the step up ring and still not able to use my telephoto.. LOL Wonder if a telephoto 3.5X is made with a 49mm base. Thanks again for your help, I'll check back soon.

Never mind, I decided , after talking to a local camera shop to just sell my Kodak Z1012 IS and I have purchased a Nikon Coolpix P100 that has 26X. YES TWENTY SIX TIMES OPTICAL zoom then digital after that and it was similarly priced. Thanks for your help either way.

Last edited by WisKen; Jun 17, 2010 at 4:38 PM.
WisKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 6:17 PM   #34

Hello, sorry for reviving an old thread but it's the only I found with lens adapters and Kodak Z seriers. Just wanted to ask if there are any adapters that could fit on the Z981 (which I am buying tomorrow) other than a Chinese made which I found on ebay (part number LA-72Z981 or search for Z981 lens adapter), which accepts 72mm filters. I am not really into photography, only started researching last week for a new camera (went from TZ7 - high price - to F70EXR to FZ38 - high price - to HS10 - high price - and finally decided Z981 is what I am looking for) and was wondering if investing a small amount into such a lens adapter would give me some extra incentive to play more with the camera or 72mm filters are no good (I see mostly smaller sizes being discussed, maybe 72mm are not worth it). And if anyone used the above part from China, can he please let me know if it's of good quality or not?

Last edited by sakisf; Aug 2, 2010 at 6:20 PM.
sakisf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:51 PM   #35

sakisf-

A quick search on E-Bay turns up no Kodak Z980/Z981 lens adapters. And I have never seen a lens adapter with the final threads set at 72mm. Can you give me an E-Bay item number, please.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 3, 2010, 1:08 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
sakisf-

A quick search on E-Bay turns up no Kodak Z980/Z981 lens adapters. And I have never seen a lens adapter with the final threads set at 72mm. Can you give me an E-Bay item number, please.

Sarah Joyce
Morning Sarah,

The item numbers are: 180537565018, 190424006518, 330455110981. They are the same item from 3 different sellers and they allegedly are manufactured by KIWIFOTOS, a Chinese company.

Sakis

PS. This is the e-mail from Kiwi I received with regards to whether this item is actually theirs or fake:

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in our KIWIFOTOS product. The product you are looking for compatible with the Kodak Z981 LA-72Z981T is manufactured from our company. The Kiwifotos Product name is a new branch from Shenzhen JJC Technology Co., Ltd
Company is legitimate from what I 've seen on the web.

Last edited by sakisf; Aug 3, 2010 at 2:49 AM.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 1:55 PM   #37

Many thanks for the item number. That lens adapter would certainly work well with the Kodak Z-981 camera allowing the use of filters, which would be convenient.

However, you have to keep in mind that filters in the 72mm size are rather expensive.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 3, 2010, 4:15 PM   #38

Thank you for your feedback Sarah. I just got today my new Z981 and I am pretty excited with it, though I could only shot a small number of photos (batteries were not precharged). It is a big step up from my previous Nikon L11.

I have a number of other accessories though, which I am planning to get before the adapter, which require a smaller budget! Hopefully I will get this one in September and try it out to confirm it works good with the Z981.

Sakis