Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:26 AM   #1

Hello
I've just bought this camera second-hand as an emergency / backup camera (seeing that buying and processing disposables is not an economic option).
Work fine except the irritating fact that most of the screens have the words 'BBQ at Glenns' on them ! I presume that this is an album title created by a previous user.
Review > Menu > Album brings up three options ' Clear All', 'Exit ' and - you've guessed it - 'BBQ at Glenns'. I've tried all the possible button presses at this point (with or without the BBQ option ticked) and nothing gets rid of that irritating message.
It's an annoyance rather than a real problem, but maybe someone will know what to do. (I don't have a cable to connect it to a PC)
Thanks
Gerald

oldhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:27 PM   #2

"To remove a selection, highlight an album name and press the OK button. To remove all album selections, select Clear All."

http://selfservice.kodak.com/externa...00141c4s8.html

domang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 4:41 AM   #3

oldhat wrote:
Quote:
...I've tried all the possible button presses at this point (with or without the BBQ option ticked) and nothing gets rid of that irritating message...
'domang's' link has the following phrase in it....

"copy up to 32 album names to the camera's internal memory" (my italics). Is it possible you need to set it it to "use internal memory" first, before trying the deletion?

I occasionally get in a tangle my with so-called 'Easyshare' cameras, because I accidentally take some shots on internal memory before realising that the memory card is still in my card reader, and not in the camera. I then have to try and get them safely on to the card, but the file number sequence is always messed up. As your album names are buried in internal memory, that's what you need to clear, perhaps.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 8:28 AM   #4

Thanks, but the reason I posted was that that obvious solution did not seem to work - but Alan T's suggestion did. Many thanks for taking an interest !
Gerald
Old Jan 29, 2009, 8:29 AM   #5

Many thanks for that - yes, I set it to internal memory, then formatted that - and the annoying album name has been consigned to history.
Gerald