Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 29, 2009, 9:11 PM   #1

Default Kodak Z1012 IS Telephoto lens

I have a Kodak Z1012 IS camera and I want to buy the #8756488 Schneider-Kreuznach 1.4X 55mm Telephoto lens that Kodak list as fitting this camera. My question is do I need the the Kodak #8379166 49mm-55mm adapter to make this lens fit or will the lens fit properly without the adapter.

GreggL
GreggL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2009, 9:32 PM   #2

You need the adapter. I'm using the same combination with my Z612.

A. C.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 12:38 AM   #3

Greg-

For what it might be worth, I have always avoided Accessory Lenses. Perhaps it is just me, but I sincerely want to keep things very simple, uncluttered, and without any add-ons. Yes, I am sure. It is probably just me.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 11:56 PM   #4

If you have difficulty finding the original Kodak adapter, you can use 3rd party adapter. I use a Bower adapter for 52mm lens and couple it with a 52mm-55mm step-up ring.

You may like to read post #11 of this thread (with photo of my set up):
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ko...filters-2.html

As regarding the teleconversion lens, the Olympus TCON 1.7 is a good alternative to the Kodak one.

You may like to read post #16 of this thread (with photo of the Z1012 with the TCON):
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ad...ny-tips-2.html

Good luck!

Last edited by dancheng; May 31, 2009 at 12:08 AM.
dancheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2009, 11:23 AM   #5

Is it possible to use the Nikon TC-E17ED 1.7X teleconversion lens on a Z1012?

I have a 58mm adapter tube & can get a 58mm to 60mm step up ring to suit the teleconverter. I have searched the all the threads in the forums but did not find any threads about anyone actually using one with a Kodak camera.
RufusGartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2009, 7:03 PM   #6

Rufus-

Yes, many Kodak users have used the Olympus TC. It mounts the same way the Kodak TC does.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2009, 7:46 PM   #7

Sarah-

I agree. The Olympus TC is good & has successfully been used. There is a nice photo of the Olympus TC attached to a Z1012 referred to earlier in this thread.

However, I was asking about the Nikon TC-E17ED TC not the Olympus TC. What I wanted to know was if anybody had connected the Nikon TC to a Z*12 series camera and if they had any problems focusing and what was the minimum focal distance that could be used when it was on a Z*12 series Kodak etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

RG
RufusGartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2009, 8:57 PM   #8

Yes you need the lens adapter, and if you can come up with an adapter and step-up rings I do not see why you could screw the NIKON lens on. Will it work, well thats another story.

sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2009, 9:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusGartz View Post
Is it possible to use the Nikon TC-E17ED 1.7X teleconversion lens on a Z1012?

I have a 58mm adapter tube & can get a 58mm to 60mm step up ring to suit the teleconverter. I have searched the all the threads in the forums but did not find any threads about anyone actually using one with a Kodak camera.
The Nikon TC-E17ED 1.7X worked very well in a set of comparison tests using a Panasonic FZ30: http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/ and in a comparison against the Oly with an FZ18. I see no reason it shouldn't work well with the Z1012.A. C.

Last edited by ac.smith; May 31, 2009 at 9:10 PM.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2009, 5:36 AM   #10

Default In help regarding zoom.

I am interested in buying the Kodak Z1012 / IS , but I would really wish to uprage it's zoom ect. This is going to be the first time for me to buy an HD camera and also an SLR style cam. In other words I am very green regarding photography though I prefer video capture most . Having said that, what are the main items I should buy in order to improve the Kodaks' performance. I mean like telephoto lenses ect. I already read other posts about the bower Z612 ect. but still feeling mixed up. And is it possible for an SLR lense to connect with such cam ? Ending up with something like the Panasonic GH1 ?

Thanks alot !
Best regards,
neils12
neils12 is offline   Reply With Quote