Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 22, 2009, 10:56 AM   #41

These are on the Kodak site for $359, but their backordered. I have another code that would bring it down to $339 + $10 shipping. Should I jump on this or should I wait a little longer?
MrMayface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 12:54 PM   #42

Staples is advertising the Z980 (limited to qty. on hand) for $299.90 this week.

A. C.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 1:22 PM   #43

That is an excellent price, A.C.-

Thanks for sharing that information.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 1:54 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac.smith View Post
Staples is advertising the Z980 (limited to qty. on hand) for $299.90 this week.

A. C.
No stores in Houston have any in stock. The guy told me they are discontinued. Could this be true? I searched their site and none come up. Should I go after one of the displays? Probably not! I just called another store and they indeed confirmed that it is a clearance item. Said they would give me an extra 5% off if I bought the demo. Not really enough!

Last edited by MrMayface; Sep 22, 2009 at 2:06 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 2:34 PM   #45

Default Kodak live chat

I just came from a live chat with a Kodak rep to ask if the Z-980 is discontinued and if so, would Kodak provide support and honor the warranty. He said that it is not discontinued, it is out of stock due to high consumer demand. He said the camera should be available again next month (October). I have been checking around via google and the only place that seems to have the camera presently is Walmart.com for $379, which is the price that I saw in our local Walmart when I first saw the Z-980. I am very happy to have purchased it for $299. The other day I took a macro+ shot of the stamen of a hibiscus that is amazing. I'll post it on this thread if anyone is interested... just let me know.
Best wishes, Meezer
meezer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 3:21 PM   #46

Would anyone think it would be safe to buy a display or should I just wait for some stores to get a restock?
Old Sep 22, 2009, 4:21 PM   #47

Would you receive a full warranty on the display camera? Would you be able to register it with Kodak as a brand new camera?
meezer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 9:17 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by meezer67 View Post
Would you receive a full warranty on the display camera? Would you be able to register it with Kodak as a brand new camera?
Yes. I went by a store today and the display looked pretty good. It still had the screen protector on it. The manager just would not take anything else off the price since it was a demo. I had talked to another store earlier in the day and they told me they would take another 5% off. I may jump on one tomorrow!
Old Sep 23, 2009, 9:46 AM   #49

I'm not sure if I'd buy a display model or not. I've had good success with Kodak refurb cameras purchased from Kodak itself. My feeling is that if the camera looked good, functioned well in the store and was complete (box, all accesories, etc.) I think it would be safe. Kodak will consider it a new camera as far as the warranty goes.

A. C.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:05 PM   #50

I agree 100% with A.C. Smith-

As long as the camera box contents are complete and the camera can be registered with Kodak, I see no problem at all in purchasing a demo camera.

Since the Z-980's introduction, we have only heard of one defective camera. That is a very good record.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote