Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:18 PM   #51

Well I did it! I stopped by Staples at lunch and picked it up. It didnt have the screen protector on it, but the screen was in great shape. The contents of the box had everything that was supposed to be in there. I even convinced them to give me 10% off the price. They did'nt even argue with me. I wish I would have said 20%. I got it for $270.90, $293.25 after tax. I havent had a chance to play with it yet, but I'll take a few shots later and upload some later. A.C., thanks for the tip about Staples, because I had given up on getting a new camera.
MrMayface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 9:50 PM   #52

Default Congrats Mr Mayface!

What a bargain! Hope you like your Z-980 as much as I do. Looking forward to seeing your first photos. Today I purchased a Flipbac Angle Viewfinder And LCD Screen Protector for my camera. Does anyone have experience with this?
Best wishes,
Meezer
meezer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2009, 8:40 PM   #53

Hi Mayface-

It sounds like you got a really good deal congratulations.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:53 AM   #54

Default External flash

Does anyone have recommendations for an external flash for the Z-980 other than the P20?
meezer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2009, 5:12 PM   #55

To the best of my knowledge the P20 is the only flash that fully integrates with the Z980 or the P series metering systems. As such that's the only thing I could recommend without knowing the user's skills and other equipment. The hot shoe will trigger other flashes and if that flash has its own exposure controls (as the Vivitar 285 of yore) one MIGHT be able to cobble together a workable combination. Alternately a manual flash and a flash meter could be used in studio situations using a hot shoe to PC connector adapter.

A. C.

Last edited by ac.smith; Sep 28, 2009 at 10:15 AM.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2009, 12:06 AM   #56

I don't know if this is allowed, but the Z980 that I bought is listed on ebay if anyone is interested. I bought it from Staples, not knowing that they only have a 14 day return policy. I'm not sure if I can post the link, so I wont until someone tells me otherwise.
MrMayface is offline   Reply With Quote