Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 24, 2009, 9:09 PM   #1

Default Kodak M1093IS blank picture

The M1093IS was dropped and from that time on, no picture on the LCD or on the storage card. All functions seem to operate normally. The LCD displays all information, except for the picture. It displays the Kodak logo on start up and all other picture information, but no picture. I suspect the CCD was damaged when dropped. Is there any other possibility? Does anybody have an idea of the cost of the CCD and the difficulty of replacing it?
jphuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:19 PM   #2

jphuffs-

I agree. I think your conclusion about CCD damage is correct. The only way to determine the cost is to have Kodak give you an estimate. By any chance, is the camera still within it 1 year warranty period.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2009, 1:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
jphuffs-

I agree. I think your conclusion about CCD damage is correct. The only way to determine the cost is to have Kodak give you an estimate. By any chance, is the camera still within it 1 year warranty period.

Sarah Joyce
No, it is out of warranty, besides, I don't think dropping the camera would be covered. I do a lot of digital camera repair, but this a first for this camera. Do you know of the availability of a Service Manual for the M1093 for disassembly instructions? The case disassembly is simple, but it looks like I will have to get under the PCB for access to the CCD.
jphuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:12 PM   #4

You can go to www.kodak.com. I would believe they are the best source of information.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote