Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 29, 2009, 6:30 PM   #1

Default Kodak Easyshare software Ver 8.1

Kodak has posted Easyshare ver 8.1 on their website for download.

This update is important for those of us that were or are running Windows 7 64bit Operating Systems. Easyshare will now WORK with Windows 7 64bit.

Like previous versions it does best with a newer system with adequate horsepower.

At any rate, it loads stuff from my Z950 about 5 times faster than any previous camera or version. I am pleased!

I no longer have to yank the bloody card.
Thegreygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2009, 2:37 PM   #2

greygeek-

'Different strokes for different folks! I actually prefer to pull the SD card and pop it into my card reader. However, the important thing is that Kodak is in there and ready for Windows 7.

Let me share another little observation with you. Based on your photos with the Z950, which have looked great, today (11/01) I ordered a brand new Z950, myself.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2009, 1:06 AM   #3

Thank you Sarah
As soon as we get some decent weather?, I'll be a-getting out and taking some more.
Yep, The card reader isn't all that bad. It's all that plugging and unplugging, and wondering if or when the card will crash due to some crazy voltage spike or static strike. I guess I just feel more comfortable leaving it in the camera.
Let us know when you get your z950 with some of those wonderful West Coast seashore shots.
Bob
Thegreygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:38 AM   #4

Thanks for the nice post, Bob-

The z950 should arrive on either Friday (11/06) or the following Monday (11/09). I am looking forward to working with the new camera. Hopefully, I can get out today (11/03) with my Z1012 and get in a few nice photos. We are have nice weather at least for three or four days. As everyone knows, the weather is constantly variable along the Oregon Coast.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote