Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 1, 2003, 11:41 PM   #11

Sorry if I give some wrong information ! But since DX4530 still have the same appearance as 4330, I thought it is just a pixels increase ! I can't find the white balance control, aperture or shutter control on 4530 ! Can you tell me what are the difference for 4330 and 4530 ? thanks for telling me !
gapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2003, 1:57 PM   #12

Actually Gapman IS correct. The 4530 is the same as the 4330 except for the mp. There is NOT "full manual" control. It only has exposure controls. I still love this camera! It takes GREAT pictures!
Shraga18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2003, 2:54 PM   #13

Default Reply

Thanks Tealblue. I am going to wait until the New Year before buying. The internet price at the moment is £199, but this is without any extra cards. I think I will need at least 128 from what you say. I will perhaps look at e bay for a card. I am unlikely to have your lucky find!
All the best,
Bertie
Bertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2003, 4:28 PM   #14

To Berti. I think you will be happy with this camera. It gives a very sharp picture,and does have some manual control.I would try and get a 256meg card if you can. When you start using this camera you wont want to STOP!! Tealblue.
tealblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2003, 10:50 AM   #15

For anyone looking for this camera, both Best Buy and Target have it listed at $299.99.
estill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2003, 4:12 AM   #16

buydig.com.....$289.00 with no shipping cost and got my camera in two day FedEx shipping.

TAG
TAGnBAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2003, 11:53 AM   #17

Hi there all I have been following the dx4530 for some time now and i have one concern (disclaimer I just want a point and shoot Digicam)

Ok I now own the dx3600 a testament to Kodak and Steve for reviewing it (itís a great camera paid $100)

Now I have ďreadĒ that although itís a 5MP digicam its have over aggressive JPEGING which results in pictures sat at 5MP to have a image size of around 800KB (my dx3600 2.2MP goes up to about 600KB) so some one please say it isnít so and correct the misinformation at http://www.epinions.com/pr-Kodak_Eas...splay_~reviews

Buy the way I now see the refurbished one with full warranty and the lithium battery for $250 at http://digitalimagingstore.rite2u.co...rams=DX4530KOD

Thank you, thegreatfixer
thegreatfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2003, 2:16 AM   #18

4330 and 4530 have exact same controls. only difference is the MP. I know, iv'e owned them both. I am currently looking to purchace DX6440, much better lens, more zoom, high res. LCD, low light auot focus (huge improvement), manual settings, built in lens protector, and other improvements. go to kodak.com for all the comparisons. NewEgg.com (very reliable) sells the 3meg DX6340 for $249 w/ free shipping. The 4meg DX6440 for with 6000 series dock for $359 w/ free shipping. The other cams are good but these are much better for the money. I especially did not like the lens cap hanging from the string on the 4330 and 4530.
discprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2005, 10:29 PM   #19

Does anyone have a feel for the normal battery life to be expected for this camera?

I realize it's probably a function of MP (i.e., file size) and amount of zooming, etc. but mine seems to eat batteries. Have the re-chargable ones, but back them up with alkaline, and these seem to go way too fast. The partially drained indicator was showing after only about 30 pics.

Any ideas or info would be appreciated. Thanks.
rlwcinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 10:08 PM   #20

Actually battery life is not a function of MP, but how long the LCD is on, number of flash recharges, as well as the number of times the zoom motor is activated. The 4530 draws anywhere from .5 to 1.2 amps with the LCD on, so alkaline batteries are not a good option. Most AA cameras will work with them, but suffer from extremely limited life, as you have noticed. Since this camera is camera is CRV3 compatible, I would recommend using one of those as a backup. Being lithium based, a CRV3 has both a much longer shelf life and runtime.

KuoH

rlwcinti wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone have a feel for the normal battery life to be expected for this camera?

I realize it's probably a function of MP (i.e., file size) and amount of zooming, etc. but mine seems to eat batteries. Have the re-chargable ones, but back them up with alkaline, and these seem to go way too fast. The partially drained indicator was showing after only about 30 pics.
KuoH is offline   Reply With Quote