Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 17, 2003, 2:55 PM   #1

Default DX4530 Great price and a special find!!

Went to the local walmart today they have the 4530 on sale.$347.00 for $296.00 but they were all sold out.As i was leaving a person came in with one they got for a gift for the grand son and said he wanted a sony not a kodak.The store manager asked me if i wanted it for a return special price? I looked it over and said ok,i took a few pix and was told it would be $215.00 and i could bring it back with in 30days. When i got home i looked inside the SD card slot and there was 256meg sd card!!!! 8) Iam very happy with it and i will keep it.Tealblue
tealblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2003, 11:40 PM   #2
Administrator

Sounds like Christmas definitely came early for you this year :-)

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2003, 1:39 PM   #3

Thanks steve!! And a great job of doing your review of this camera.I read your review First then i buy it. Tealblue
Old Nov 30, 2003, 5:15 PM   #4

Default DX 4530

I am thinking of buying a 4530 in the Uk as it is the cheapest 5Mp in this country at the moment. It will be my first digital camera. Is the picture quality good-do you recommend it now that you have had it for a little time?
Bertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2003, 8:29 PM   #5

Yes!!! the picture is very good!! and i would recommend it.I have about 750 shots so far and about 95% are very good quality.Tealblue
Old Nov 30, 2003, 11:43 PM   #6

I have the lower model of DX4530, DX4330 and it also takes good photos ! The photos are really sharp with saturated colors ! The only bad thing is that it don't have any manual functions ! (Even ISO and white balance !) The resolution of LCD in DX4330 is really low and I don't know if they have improved in 4530 ! Other than that, I will say DX4530 is a great DC for people who want to take photos without any manual control !
gapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2003, 7:41 AM   #7

To Gapman. The 4530 is not ANY THING LIKE THE 4330! The 4530 has some manual control.You should take a look at one some time and see its a far better UPGRADE from the 4330. I will say that just like the 4330 the 4530 takes a very sharp photo and you CAN use some manual control if you like.Tealblue
Old Dec 1, 2003, 4:43 PM   #8

Default Question

Tealblue,
What number of pictures will I get on the SD cards e.g 64 or 128? Does the camera allow you to take lower MP pictures than the 5MP if you want to at any time?
Also, does the quality of the card purchased affect the picture quality or does it just affect the durability?
Thanks
Bertie
Old Dec 1, 2003, 4:47 PM   #9

Default Truly humbled

P.S.
Is the Steve who posted above actually the Steve as in 'Steve's Digicams'?
If so, I feel most humbled to be posting on the same topic!

Bertie
Old Dec 1, 2003, 8:34 PM   #10

To Berti. Yes thats steve!! The 4530 has 3 settings for pic size. I think (without getting my book out)The best is 5mp., 3mp,then 2mp.Dont hold me to this but ican look it up if you need me to. Iam using a 256meg card(lexar) and have it set all the way up to the best setting-5mp. and it will take 170 pixs on this card at that size.I have never had a card that would affect the quality of the photo, just how fast it would wright to the card.And i have used all the brands that are sold.I like lexar and sandisk the best and i have never had a problem with them.Tealblue