Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Davyo-

That is why the Kodak Z-915 was named one of Cnet's 10 best cameras of 2009.Kodak has adopted the philosophy that people want more automation. That is what brought on "Smart Capture." However, that automation take time to work.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce

Have a great day
I would think it would have been real easy for Kodak to make the "Smart Capture" feature a choice to either have on or off.

I wonder if Kodak is aware of how frustrating it is for owner's being put into the long processing mode every 3rd or 4th picture.

Over on another camera forum, and on ALL the pro reviews I have read, the long processing times of the newer Kodaks are always mentioned,,, does Kodak know about this problem or even care ???

Cheers
Davyo
Davyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2009, 12:09 AM   #12

samo, 1 sec with the recycle with flash set to A or Fill and fired, now all that said. The flash to subject distance was only about 6 feet. Obviously, If you are using a full flash load thus requiring a full recharge, it may be longer. Just as it would if you recycled a Metz 48 after a full strength strobe discharge. I still have no gripes, as this is a $200 p&S. As an example, my Nikon Strobe can fire continuously as long as I am only using abt 20% cap on good batteries, but does require 3-4 seconds to recharge after a 100% discharge of the capacitor. Obviously the amount of current available from the power source (batteries, or AC adapter) will vary these times greatly. Same old problem with recharge times since I began using these strobes back in 1961.
Thegreygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2009, 5:07 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreygeek View Post
samo, 1 sec with the recycle with flash set to A or Fill and fired, now all that said. The flash to subject distance was only about 6 feet. Obviously, If you are using a full flash load thus requiring a full recharge, it may be longer. Just as it would if you recycled a Metz 48 after a full strength strobe discharge. I still have no gripes, as this is a $200 p&S. As an example, my Nikon Strobe can fire continuously as long as I am only using abt 20% cap on good batteries, but does require 3-4 seconds to recharge after a 100% discharge of the capacitor. Obviously the amount of current available from the power source (batteries, or AC adapter) will vary these times greatly. Same old problem with recharge times since I began using these strobes back in 1961.
Sorry to say your post/reply has nothing to do with the subject,,, the subject is NOT about flash re-charge times, flash loads or recycle times of a flash.

The thread subject is about the "Smart Capture" feature on the Kodaks that increase the time it take to process an image,,, this happens with flash ON and flash OFF.

Cheers
Davyo
Davyo is offline   Reply With Quote