Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 28, 2009, 11:38 AM   #11

Hi Dan-

It is great to see you again. I ordered the camera on Christmas eve, so it is due to arrive on either Tuesday (12/29) or Wednesday (12/30) so as soon as I get it in hand and do some experimenting I will let you have a "mini" review. The ZX-1 is supposed to overcome some of the missing Flip features.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2009, 4:14 PM   #12

Did you order the zx1 or the zi8? The zx1 is consierably inferior to the zi8, and likely to the the flip hd.
markr041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2009, 7:23 PM   #13

Hi ther, Mark-

Yep, I ordered the ZX-1. That means I goofed! I will have to look into the return policy. So you are recommending the ZI-8 as the better choice. Thanks for the great input Mark.

Sarah Joyce
Old Dec 28, 2009, 9:00 PM   #14

I said this:

"The Kodak Zi8 is the latest, and greatest, Kodak "flip style" video camera. Most agree it is superior to all of the Flip models (see the CNET reviews, for example) in features for sure, and video quality. If you look hard, you can get it for $149, but the bargain price is disappearing fast. "

And you said:

"markr-

Many thanks for your positive evaluation. It is a last minute Christmas gift for my husband, so your post came at exactly the right time. Thanks!

Sarah Joyce"

Perhaps I did not make myself clear, or...
markr041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2009, 10:18 PM   #15

Hi there Mark-

Yes, I misread your advice in a hurry. I will just return this one and begin again. Thanks a lot, Mark.

Sarah Joyce
Old Dec 28, 2009, 10:30 PM   #16
Super Moderator

In case you hadn't spotted it there is a review of the Zi8 in the hybrid section and you can see that and a long discussion here http://forums.steves-digicams.com/hy...ew-series.html
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2009, 10:52 PM   #17

Thanks a lot, Mark-

I know a good deal about cameras, but video is all new to me. Gee with that SX-1 you are probably a video expert.

Sarah Joyce
Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:28 AM   #18
Super Moderator

It's the video from the 5D mkII that has taught me most about shooting motion as I'm using MF and can control aperture and shutter speeds so making it much more fun.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2010, 8:33 PM   #19

Default Got a Zi6 today

Hi- I just received my Zi6 video camera and so far so good. I really like it. I chose it over the Zi8 because it uses AA batteries instead of the special Kodak battery. I took a video of my grandson in low resolution and in very low light today and it came out great. I used low res because I am waiting for the 8gb card to arrive in the mail, and I didn't want to run out of internal memory (I didn't). I thought the price for this camera was right at $99. Does anyone else have this camera? It also takes still shots. My hubby thinks the quality is better than any of our old VHS camera tapes. Can't wait to see what it can do in HD.
Happy New Year!
Meezer
meezer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:32 AM   #20

I have the Zx1 and must say it captures 720P video very nicely.

I use a Mac and have Final Cut Express 4 for editing videos from it-use QuickTime Pro to convert to MP4 format (or import into iMovie and drag the imported video files from the iMovie events folder is anotjer way).

Also takes good quality 3MP stills and a 60FPS 720P mode.
babya is offline   Reply With Quote