Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 17, 2010, 1:52 PM   #1

Default Rechargable battery pack wont work

I have had the kodak z812is for about two years it has been an ok camera but uses alot of aa lithium batteries and the cost is not worth it, so i purchases two klic-8000 replacement batteries off the internet. The camera will not respond whatsoever with the charged battery packs but will still work with the aa lithium batteries, does anyone know why this is. i cleaned the battery connections thinking that they might be corroded, but that didnt change anything.
willow37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:23 AM   #2

Willow-

I have the Z-712 and the Z-8612, and the Z-1012. They all work perfectly with the KLIC-8000 battery pack.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2010, 1:50 PM   #3

Default Kodak z812IS

You know im starting to think that there might be something wrong with the connection for the rechargable clik-8000 battery within the camera itself, since two batteries that are fully charged wont work. its not worth sending away.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 1:57 PM   #4

Willow-

I wish there was a simple answer for you, but I cannot think of one.

Sarah Joyce
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:59 PM   #5

Default Kodak z812IS

Thats ok.. I have my new nikon anyway. i was just going to give it to my daughter to use and would be alot cheaper to use it with the rechargable batteries.. Take care and have a wonderful day and thank you for taking the time for your effort with my problem...
Old Jan 27, 2010, 2:17 PM   #6

If you got them off ebay, beware. I ordered one for my Z812 when I got it and only one of the battery packs worked, and now the working one has gone kaput.
Threnners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow37 View Post
...kodak z812is...purchases two klic-8000 replacement batteries ...will not respond whatsoever with the charged battery packs but will still work with the aa lithium batteries
If you have access to a voltmeter, measure the voltage across the terminals. A KLIC-8000 in reasonable shape should be around 3.8-4.2 Volts. To be sure, you'd need to test the voltage under load, and the current it can deliver, and that's not so easy, needing a standard resistor. But anyway if you think you've charged it, and the voltage isn't somewhere near 4V, there's something wrong with the battery.

The fact that primary lithium AA cells work the camera shows that there's no fundamental fault with the works of the camera. However, a while back (a year or so??) I remember several people reporting, probably in this particular forum, that they'd had similar symptoms. I can't find that thread at the moment, but someone else might be able to.

The fault was fixed by fitting a bit of wire, as I recall, from the side contact of the KLIC-8000 battery to a position on the bottom of the battery that made contact with the relevant contact in the bottom of the battery compartment. There were images posted of this modification. Does anyone else remember this?

The simplest rechargeable option without using the side contact as on KLIC-8000 is rechargeable CR-V3 Li-ion batteries, which use the end contacts on the battery and the camera.

Good luck!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:13 PM   #8

Hi there, Alan-

Its good to see you posting again.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Jan 31, 2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 7:46 AM   #9

Hi Alan,

Welcome back.
Nice to see your posts again.

How is the weather in Chester?
I was in London in December. It was exceptionally cold!

Take care and keep warm!
Best wishes!

Daniel

Last edited by dancheng; Jan 31, 2010 at 7:49 AM.
dancheng is offline   Reply With Quote