Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:57 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbtrain View Post
Sarah,
Thanks to both you and greygeek for your replies. I recharged my battery via my computer cable per greygeek's advice. The lcd display showed it at full charge. I put in a sandisk 4 GB class 2 card that I know works from my phone per your advice. I put the camera in smart capture mode and the first time I try to take a picture the lcd goes to the squiggly line display and shuts off.
I'm sending the camera back. I got my camera from Amazon/BigvalueInc. Is that where yours came from Sarah?
I hope to have no problems doing so. I'll keep you posted.
Terry
ohh no! i ordered it form Amazon/BigvalueInc too it should be here on Monday! if it's broken I'll be so pissed!!!
idenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:08 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by idenny View Post
ohh no! i ordered it form Amazon/BigvalueInc too it should be here on Monday! if it's broken I'll be so pissed!!!
idenny,
I called them yesterday. I told the person the camera was defective and I wanted a replacement. He said he would email a UPS return label to me. He told me to just send back the camera itself, not the rest of the kit I ordered. I received the label yesterday evening. I just dropped the package off this morning for pick-up. I hope to have no problems. I hope you have good luck with your purchase. Let us know what happens.
Terry
lgbtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 1:49 PM   #13

idenny and lgbtrain-

They have good Customer service, and as you can see the exchange process is indeed easy. This is the first Z-950 that I know of to be exchanged.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:51 PM   #14

Thanks Sarah,
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Terry
Old Jul 31, 2010, 7:52 AM   #15

Hey everyone,
Just got my Z950 a couple of days ago. just started playing with it. Plan on taking some pics of the grandbabies today. Thanks alot for the guide, Sarah, it should be a big help.
rob
BamaRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2010, 2:23 PM   #16

I am glad I could help out, Rob-

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:14 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
idenny and lgbtrain-

They have good Customer service, and as you can see the exchange process is indeed easy. This is the first Z-950 that I know of to be exchanged.

Sarah Joyce
Hi Sarah and idenny,
Just an update on my returned Z950. I tried to call Bigvalue Inc. yesterday during their regular business hours and got their office closed message again. I tried several times during the afternoon, up until about 3:30 P.M. but always got the same message. I decided to email them. I explained what was happening and gave them my incident number. I received a response from them about 7:30 same evening. This was their response:

Thank you for your patience, we have recently moved facilities and there has been a bit of unexpected down time. NO WORRIES we received your order and will be shipping out the new camera tomorrow, we will be throwing in a free extra battery for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if we may assist you with anything else, we are here to help!
Thank you,
BigValueInc.
"NO WORRIES"

I hope to get it soon and the battery is a pleasant surprise.
idenny,
I see you have yours and no problems! Glad to hear it!!
Nice Pics too!!

Sorry so long,
Terry

Last edited by lgbtrain; Aug 6, 2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 6, 2010, 11:52 AM   #18

Terry-

I am sorry to hear of the delay in getting the replacement camera. However, we all have experienced the woes and problems of moving. I am impressed that they recognized the inconvenience caused, and are including an extra battery for you.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 7, 2010, 2:11 AM   #19

Sounds like you have nothing to worry about.. Bigvalueinc have 5 stars feedback rating and 9.17/10 lifetime rating. These guys r good they won't steal or lie. You might wanna get this for you batteries
http://www.amazon.com/KLIC-7003-Camc.../ref=pd_cp_p_2
idenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2010, 1:28 PM   #20

Terry-

idenny raises a very good issue. An external battery charger for the Z-950 is a good investment. That way you can always have a fully charged batter ready and available, when you exhaust the battery in the camera. With an external battery, the camera is not "tied up and inactive during the charging cycle.

Sarah Joyce