Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 8, 2010, 9:10 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Terry-

idenny raises a very good issue. An external battery charger for the Z-950 is a good investment. That way you can always have a fully charged batter ready and available, when you exhaust the battery in the camera. With an external battery, the camera is not "tied up and inactive during the charging cycle.

Sarah Joyce
Sarah and idenny,

Thanks for the info and comments. That's part of the reason I ordered my camera in a kit. It came with a extra battery and external charger along with other items. Here's the link http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-EasyShar...1315094&sr=8-2

Sarah, will I be able to charge the actual "Kodak" battery that came with the camera with the external charger or will I have to only charge it in the camera? I expect to receive my camera this week.

Thanks,
Terry
lgbtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:59 AM   #22

Terry-

An external charger allows you to charge the Kodak battery that comes with your camera outside the camera. That way the camera is not tied up during charging. When you need a fresh battery, you already have one charged and you can continue taking photos without interruption. That is why it is a good investment.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:14 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Terry-

I am sorry to hear of the delay in getting the replacement camera. However, we all have experienced the woes and problems of moving. I am impressed that they recognized the inconvenience caused, and are including an extra battery for you.

Sarah Joyce
Sarah,

I received my replacement camera and free battery yesterday afternoon I charged all my batteries, installed one along with the sd card. I powered up the camera and set it up. Sarah I read your "Out of the box Experience" section and it was very informative and helpful. I look forward to reading more! I've taken some pictures and so far no problems like I experienced with the first one
Special thanks to Sarah and everyone else for your advice and comments with this problem. Everyone was very helpful. It appears it is resolved. I look forward to using it soon!!!!

Thanks,
Terry
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:47 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbtrain View Post
Sarah,

I received my replacement camera and free battery yesterday afternoon I charged all my batteries, installed one along with the sd card. I powered up the camera and set it up. Sarah I read your "Out of the box Experience" section and it was very informative and helpful. I look forward to reading more! I've taken some pictures and so far no problems like I experienced with the first one
Special thanks to Sarah and everyone else for your advice and comments with this problem. Everyone was very helpful. It appears it is resolved. I look forward to using it soon!!!!

Thanks,
Terry
nice! good luck with your new camera.
idenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 2:28 PM   #25

Terry-

That is great news! Have fun with your new Z-950 that finally works as it should.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 11, 2010, 4:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbtrain View Post
Sarah,

Thanks,
Terry

Hi Terry,

I am real glad you received your replacement. The Z950 is a GREAT camera and you are sure to enjoy it!

Please do post some pics.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 9:54 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
Hi Terry,

I am real glad you received your replacement. The Z950 is a GREAT camera and you are sure to enjoy it!

Please do post some pics.
Thanks Rosy,

Here are a few I took today using the Smart Capture mode. What do you think?
So far I really like the camera
Thanks for any comments.

Terry
Attached Images

Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:17 PM   #28

Hi Terry,

I think they are really good. Did you use the macro AF mode?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:01 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
Hi Terry,

I think they are really good. Did you use the macro AF mode?
Thanks Rosy.
I shot them with the camera in Smart Capture mode. (Red Camera Icon)
I'm not sure what sub mode it changed to when I took the shots.
I think the yellow flower pic changed to the flower icon in the upper left section of the lcd screen. It did use auto focus.

Terry
Old Aug 13, 2010, 1:55 PM   #30

That is a nice series of photos, Terry-

Smart Capture does work OK, as your photos prove quite well. However, if you goal is indeed to learn the "ins and the outs" of photography, then at some point you will have to move over to the "P" mode which will provide a faster operation.

When in the "P" mode, and shooting close-up or "macro" photos where the camera to subject distance is 30 inches or less, you will have to switch over to the Macro Mode, which is found among the Scene Modes.

Sarah Joyce