Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 11, 2010, 3:07 PM   #1

Default New Zi8 problem

Hi all,
Bought the above camera recently with the latest software, and whenever / wherever I film regardless of location or setting, I can hear an interference type sound (crackling) during recording. It also appears on playback. It occurrs around 90% on my recordings and although not loud is annoying. There is no interference nearby i.e power cables to possibly cause it. I'm using a 8gb transcend class 6 card, could this cause it?
Also, can the loud audio beep on starting/stopping be cancelled via the settings, as this also comes out on recordings. Although not a major issue, it would be nice to not hear it.
the major problem is the crackling sound throughout recording.
Regards Doghandler
DOGHANDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2010, 1:35 AM   #2

you can turn off the loud beep in settings 4th icon between brightness and mic. About interference i do get some sort of static noise when use it in my car... could be vibration i am not sure.. in all other situations i get clear sound. Try to upload it on youtube and show us! or you could go back to the store tell them what is the problem and exchange the product..

you can also format your sd card using the menu on you zi8.. and see if it helps! i format my card every time if somethings wrong!
idenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2010, 5:24 AM   #3

Many thanks for the info.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 5:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by idenny View Post
you can turn off the loud beep in settings 4th icon between brightness and mic. About interference i do get some sort of static noise when use it in my car... could be vibration i am not sure.. in all other situations i get clear sound. Try to upload it on youtube and show us! or you could go back to the store tell them what is the problem and exchange the product..

you can also format your sd card using the menu on you zi8.. and see if it helps! i format my card every time if somethings wrong!
Thanks. Everything seems fine now having taken your advise. Hopefully the interference won't come back.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 5:00 PM   #5

In car interference is due to the windshield, it is a Giant Diaphram that will vibrate to the mic.

the interference is the mic, and if they rushed the model out that is exactly the issue people get, you should have no crackle at all. only and only do you gt crackle it is due to the wind.

formatting a sdhc card should fix the issue or issues at given times.

Beeping should not be picked up in the cam like said above, it's all laid out in the manual