Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:45 AM   #1

Default Not all pics DL from SC card

Posting for a friend with Kodak Easy Share Camera. When he tries to DL photos to computer, not all of them will DL. The card is not defective evidently. His wife has an Easy Share also and hers, DL fine. They have two different models and MIGHT be using software programs that came with each. Anyone have any ideas of why this is happening? Thanks for any suggestions because I am making a house call soon to try to figure out what is going on.
kymillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:46 AM   #2

Obviously I meant SD card... Dumb typo
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:56 AM   #3

kymillie-

The difference may be in the computers used. Since all Kodak cameras use SD cards, the quickest solution would be to purchase an inexpensive SD card reader, which usually run less than $5.00.

The take the SD card out of the camera and put it into the card reader. The computers will recognize the card reader as an external drive and you are all set.

As Kodak cameras age, it is not uncommon for them to become somewhat cranky about downloading. Using a card reader also saves on camera "wear and tear" and battery usage.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2010, 2:02 PM   #4

Well, they just have one computer. After fooling with the camera (s) today and the cables, I think his cable is defective. I took my card reader and things worked fine. Switched cables and ports and when hooked up using his cable, all photos would not DL, only a couple. They are inexperienced with tech stuff, and I am fairly good at figuring these things out. So we have bought a cable from Ebay and it will be a $5 gamble to see if that is what it is. The cables were about $30 at kodak.com Otherwise, it might be the USB port.

P.S. I myself have not used a camera cable to DL photos in years. Used to use a card reader, but now all my computers have built-in readers.