Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 5, 2010, 2:18 PM   #1

Default Dx 6490 burst mode

Talk about a kick in photography, I've had this cam since around 2005, but never had person to use this with..

In these shots she is jumping about 25 feet, the water dept is around 20 feet. almost every one else jumping in age range from 8 to mid 20's This is this womans first jump at this place in her life and my first attempt at shooting anything like this..

This cam says it take 6 shots @ 3 frames in one second, from the pic's taken that day it must take 1 1/4 sec's to make the fall. I keep missing the impact to the water .

I'm not sure of the meaning of 3 frames per shot , when the photo's are downloaded, there all over 1 MB per pic, being this large it take a very long time to transfer, trying to send these to her, she can not open the photo's when I link her to a stie, they come out as broken pixels...

I've used three different sites. each has a problem processing any photo taken in burst mode. yet photo taken in still modes processes normally and are around 600 to 800 Kb's.

Is there always going to be a problem with pic size using burst mode ??

Last edited by sandtowd; Sep 5, 2010 at 2:21 PM.
sandtowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2010, 3:32 PM   #2

I've put these pic's in photo bucket, which I used to post in here in the past, as of now, none of those photo's will post here ..by using there links
Old Sep 5, 2010, 4:00 PM   #3

Old Sep 5, 2010, 4:15 PM   #4

her and I talked this over prior the shooting these as to lighting, possible filters, and angles... It had been many many years since I had been to this place, The rock is a volcanic stone, very hard , with footing less that the size of a standard foot, Difficultly getting over to this side of the pool, we decided to just work on timing, and left the equipment in the car.. using only the cam. This is a Hi mountain stream, we are not jumping into bath water

I have not posted pic's here in a very long time, So sorry about enter

these in a different block