Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:19 PM   #1

Default Need help with Kodak Z950

I read on here that you're supposed to keep it on "P" and to change the mp to 9, and I've done that but I still get the processing screen after 3 shots, and if the little memory card icon is still blinking, I will get the processing screen after each consecutive shot until I've waited at least 15-20. I'm not sure what else I can try, I really want to take shot after shot with my new baby and I know its a good camera but this is really making me think of returning it. Any suggestions?
saphire01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2010, 1:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire01 View Post
I read on here that you're supposed to keep it on "P" and to change the mp to 9, and I've done that but I still get the processing screen after 3 shots, and if the little memory card icon is still blinking, I will get the processing screen after each consecutive shot until I've waited at least 15-20. I'm not sure what else I can try, I really want to take shot after shot with my new baby and I know its a good camera but this is really making me think of returning it. Any suggestions?

what class is your sd card? I have class 4 and i'm able to take 4 pictures straight @ 9mp the 5th photo gets processing message which last for half a second.

Yeah this camera isn't perfect and kodak has no plans to fix.. so yeah return it! i'm quite happy with it especially since i paid only $100 for it
idenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 3:28 AM   #3

I'm not sure how to tell for sure what class it is but it does have a small 4 on the front. Its the 8gb PNY sdhc HD card that was on sale for 14.99 at best buy on black friday, so I'm sur it wasn't a 6 or 10 class. I'm thinking about getting the Z915 instead because I like the fact that it has continuous shot capability and it has just as good reviews as the Z950 on amazon. I really don't care for the HD video on the Z950 much and rather prefer to take faster multiple shots. This is really my only gripe about this camera if I can fix it. Is the Z915 worth changing to for the smaller screen and bulkier body?

Last edited by saphire01; Nov 30, 2010 at 3:37 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 2:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire01 View Post
I'm not sure how to tell for sure what class it is but it does have a small 4 on the front. Its the 8gb PNY sdhc HD card that was on sale for 14.99 at best buy on black friday, so I'm sur it wasn't a 6 or 10 class. I'm thinking about getting the Z915 instead because I like the fact that it has continuous shot capability and it has just as good reviews as the Z950 on amazon. I really don't care for the HD video on the Z950 much and rather prefer to take faster multiple shots. This is really my only gripe about this camera if I can fix it. Is the Z915 worth changing to for the smaller screen and bulkier body?

yeah sure.. z915 is a great choice. They are practically identical cameras. I am not sure but that's what i've been hearing about z915.
idenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 9:31 PM   #5

sapphire-

If you want to take photo after photo as fast as possible, the Kodak Z950 will not do it. That kind of capability costs more. Something like the Canon SD-4500 is a better choice, allbeit at a higher price.

It sounds like you should return the Kodak Z950.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 11:39 PM   #6

I bought the pny professional class 10 memory card and it does really seem to help. There's of course still a little delay but I think its fine for my speed. As I learn to use the camera more ill probably be more satisfied with it.