Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 31, 2004, 8:16 PM   #1

Default 6490 EVF Diopter range

I am considering the 6490 but was put off by the out of focus view through the EVF when I was handling it for the first time at Best Buy. After I got home and got on the net, I found there was a diopter adjustment that I didn't see. The image in the LCD was nicely focused, of course.

My question is:

Is there enough adjustment to accomodate 55+ year old eyes (you know, the ones that can't focus inside the length of your arms any more ?
bencason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2004, 9:52 PM   #2

I purchased a Kodak DX6490 a couple of weeks ago, and the diopter works fine for my 49 year old eyes. Reading anything nearer than 3 feet requires my trusty reading glasses. :shock: I would suggest you stop by a dealer just to be sure. I'm very happy with the 6490...wonderful lense. Woody
woodysworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2004, 11:34 PM   #3

My 57+ eyes (which require glasses for distance and bifocals for reading) love the view through the DX6490. If I were you I would go back and spend some time handling the camera and adjusting the diopter knob next to the viewfinder.
leushino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2004, 8:27 AM   #4

Thanks everybody!

I went to various sites on the Net and read about the 6490 while waiting for responses. I was pretty sure my problem was due to my own ignorance but it is nice to have a response from people with first hand experience.

I'll got back to Best Buy (like I need an excuse go play with all those wonderful toys) and look at cameras again.
bencason is offline   Reply With Quote