Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 17, 2004, 6:28 PM   #1

Default dx6490 work with other programs?

I really dont like the program that came in the box. It dosent have many features. Are their any other programs that work with th dx6490?
iyzmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2004, 8:01 PM   #2

Default Re: dx6490 work with other programs?

That makes 2 of us looking,,,what do you guy`s suggest that`s not going to cost as much as the cam did,,,running XP as an operating system,,,there are lot`s to choose from,,,if you had to do it all over again,,,,,what would you buy that`s the best bang for the buck ???
brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 8:07 PM   #3

Cheap (Free) is Adobe Photoshop album. They have paid and free versions. I use version 1.0 and it's not perfect but it does the job.

Version 2.0 is out and the free version seems to do most of the stuff I want in a catalog program.
CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2004, 4:01 PM   #4

I use Photoshop Elements 2 and Photoshop album 2. I don't use the easyshare except to download. If I could get my card reader to recognize the Kodak images i would just use the drivers. Elemnts costs $58 at Wal-Mart and it is fantastic. I bought 3 books from Books-a-million and have learned it in about a month. I can do things with it undreamed before.
DX6490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2004, 6:32 AM   #5

I use Paint Shop Pro 8 with my card reader on my main pc ( in the U.K. we don't get the dock ) and I have the Kodak program installed on my kids pc ( they don't know this ) so I can set the album names etc.
PSP8 is a great program for editing images and has more features than I can use.
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2004, 1:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Snail
I use Paint Shop Pro 8 with my card reader on my main pc ( in the U.K. we don't get the dock ) and I have the Kodak program installed on my kids pc ( they don't know this ) so I can set the album names etc.
PSP8 is a great program for editing images and has more features than I can use.
I use the exact same setup. The Kodak software (which is also on my daughters pc!) left a lot to be desired, but it is needed to name the folders, etc., in the camera.
OldBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2004, 4:10 PM   #7

I cant seem to get any program to recognize the camera to import pictures, But fortunately I have a laptop that I can just plug my card into then copy and paste into any folder I choose. I use Adobe Photoshop CS to edit images needed. Also using Adobe Album 2 to sort images, it keeps track of the dates each picture was taken so its easy to find.

I uninstalled that horrible kodak program, you wouldnt believe the amount of stuff it enters into the registry, and even right after I uninstalled with the built in uninstaller there was a kodak program still running at startup that was a pain to remove.

Looking back, had I known that the 6490 was not supported by programs such as Photoshop CS and others I might have purchased a Minolta, Nikon or a canon. But I am happy with my 6490's performance and since my laptop has the card reader built in it's really not a big issue.
MikeyBC is offline   Reply With Quote