Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 6, 2013, 7:12 PM   #1

Default Easyshare Z712 Filter Fix

Got to looking into an easier way to add a filter/sun shade to my Z712, and I found a Kodak Series Vii push on filter adapter that measured 46mm. The Series Vii adapter uses a 54mm thread to retain the switchable filters. I got a 54mm Series Vii to 55mm step up ring adapter also. So as soon as the stuff arrives I'll post a pic of the setup. I may have to hog out the push on adapter a bit to slide over the Z712 lens, but that's nothing my Dremel and a barrel sander can't fix.
cameracollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:13 PM   #2

Seems like I spend half my life waiting for the mailman. lol
Old Aug 3, 2013, 11:19 PM   #3

Here's a pic of my camera as I got it.
Attached Images

Old Aug 3, 2013, 11:24 PM   #4

I also picked up a P712 for a song. Everything works, so I'm happy.
Attached Images

Old Aug 16, 2013, 11:44 PM   #5

Default Kodak Z712

Nice pick up cameracollecter. I am very fond of both my Z712 and Z1012 models. Excellent results with both. I personally don't mind the lens adapter I use on both models. Makes it easier for me to hold the camera steady, especially so for zoom shots. I do a lot of hiking in the wilderness areas of northern Idaho. Love how the Z712 provides crisp & clear images in such a small and light package. Have always been impressed with the EVFs on these cameras as well.
Rickster49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2014, 5:09 PM   #6

I bought a Kodak Z712 camera on 2/8/2014. The camera works fine with a Samsung CR-V3/3v battery, but will not work with a Kodak rechargeable KLIC-8000 3.7v. The battery is fully charged and works fine in my Kodak Z1085. Is there an internal switch I need to push?
Al
Big_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2014, 3:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Al View Post
I bought a Kodak Z712 camera on 2/8/2014. The camera works fine with a Samsung CR-V3/3v battery, but will not work with a Kodak rechargeable KLIC-8000 3.7v. The battery is fully charged and works fine in my Kodak Z1085. Is there an internal switch I need to push?
Al
I was given the answer on another forum.
Thank you, Al
Big_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:30 AM   #8

Default Z712 battery problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Al View Post
Al
I have run into exactly the same problem with a spare Z712 I picked up on the cheap. Works perfectly with CRV3 (lithium or rechargeable) batteries but no power at all with fully charged KLIC 8000 batteries. Wish it was the other way around as the rechargeable KLIC 8000s seem to last for several more exposures. I tried everything I could think of to get the 8000s to work without success. Finally had to settle for rechargeable CRV3s. Let me know if you do figure it out as it has me stumped.
Rickster49 is offline   Reply With Quote